YRC layoffs

Discussion in 'YRC' started by smokyjuan, Apr 11, 2009.

1. smokyjuan

smokyjuan Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I heard they are down to 514 now in Dallas on the road. 6 more laid off. Thats pretty sad. Around 300 laid off I'm guessing.
    truckinusa

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokyjuan

Mar 26, 2009
    Add me to that list of 300 or so laid off. A couple of months ago I contacted my former union steward (LP) # 509 to see why YRC was the only company that my current employer couldn't seem to get an employment verification from. It took them 2 weeks to finally "get around to it". He didn't seem to appreciate that I was in the process of being hired by a non-union competitor. My response was in this economy the bill collector doesn't care if the $bill is from a union or non-union wage & niether do I. Said I should apply for Bancroft & Sons, & what will I do when I get my call back letter because YRC is in the process of turning things around so they can put US laid off guys back to work? I guess this is what he really meant?!
    pacifico
    Denver city layed off another dozen.

Anyone around the 9 year mark was hit.
    murcon001
    2 more off #402 road today...178 active drivers out of 354!....
    kennesaw kid
    5 drivers laid off 112 Trenton, NJ .
    hammer112
    hey hammer down here at 124 Camden NJ, we have 22 laid off and it just keeps getting deeper and deeper. i guess it doesnt matter that our TM is a total jack *** and we have a total of 4 management at our place. I thought they were trying to get rid of some mgmt guess not.
    winkjr
    At 124/formally 195 CDN there is a 50 man barn as of 10/12/09 and the breakdown is as followed 15 on Letter of Layoff status =35 men available,but after rebid of barn 6 guys are on an on call basis daily=29 with bids to work etc,and the work gets knocked off from there. Monday and Friday anymore is when people who bid anything may work at all !!!!
    bosslinco76
    heard yesterday that my old barn lakewood (115?) is closing up in nov. heard 1 guy to camden 2 to liz and 10 to trenton the rest laidoff.
    sal manila
    How many got laid off at 309 Chicago Heights today?
    I know I was one of them!
    yellow1way
    The board is down to 546, I just got an email about it. A little biry told me. Looks like 30 must have been layed off.
    annieo
    last man on dock working 11-1 will be 703 237layed off another 250 or so and they get to me which i expect by x-mas
    roadkill340
    I heard from a 710 member today who said the 710 reps. told them if anyone has a grievance date of 1-1-10 or later to forget about it they wont be there, anyone else hear that?
    baldy17

4. smokyjuan

Mar 26, 2009
    Just lately my friend, a city driver was at a good customer of YRC picking up. He was approached and said that they had more freight for him and they needed at leat 26 feet of trailer space. He replied I will bring this load back and since it is close by I will come right back. On his way he was told by dispatch that he could not go back to get the freight he was needed elsewhere and they would be sending someone else there. He repiled Ok but make sure the guy has at least 26 ft of room.
    The guy they sent had 6 ft of space on the trailer. Needless to say that company got so ticked off they gave the freight to another carrier.
    yrc_guy
    402 sends a driver to a terminal in AL (125 miles) and puts him to bed and pays him an 8 hour after the TM complained about CDO putting him to bed there, as he did not even have freight for his own bid drivers.....then after his rest is up (PLUS 2 hours layover pay)...they give him empties to run to Memphis,TN (aprox.260 miles) and put him back to bed and paid another 8 hour mini!

He gets paid 18 hours to do a run that takes only 7 hours of driving...
    kennesaw kid
    Last week I ran my bid run to 705 out of 402. 705 sent me to Columbus, Ga with a bobtail and a dolly. When I called 402 for instructions from Col, Ga they told me there was no freight there and to bobtail home to 402. Now this could be a human error that anyone can make but to find out that the bid driver that started two hours after me was sent on the same run was a waist of $$$$$. If 402 and 705 keep spending money like this they should be asking for another 5% by Christmas
    vj4344

5. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Are you answering all these -to and from Yourself ???

6. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2009
    He copies and pastes from another site

7. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    So, I guess it's no use putting in an app at YRC, right?

8. Mooney

Mooney Road Train Member

YRC Worldwide, Inc.

(Nasdaq: YRCW)
    Real-Time: 1.31 [​IMG] 2.34 (64.11%) 4:08pm ET

Nope.

9. smokyjuan

Mar 26, 2009
    "Existing shareholders are screwed," said Dahlman Rose analyst Jason Seidl. "The company is going to do everything it can to survive," he said.
    * Shares plunge 64 percent to $1.32 on exchange details
    * Shares outstanding could rise to 1.6 billion from 60 million
    * Successful exchange to open up $106 million reserve
    (Adds S&P downgrade, company comment and details)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCNN0245943320091102?rpc=44

10. smokyjuan

Mar 26, 2009
    we got this moron from central running our city opp. every day i talk to p&d drivers that have to leave freight on the street(theres not enough time or room on here for all of the storys). anyway, i go to the t.o.m. and ask whats up? he tells me, no way is this happening, i tell him, i've talked to to many men for this to just be a fluke, he replyes i'll check into it. go back and talk to him, his reply is, i've checked everything and there was a very good reason for every missed pick up, i kid you not. meanwhile, more city jobs get cut, more guys get layed off, the lower guys dont get in at all, and these idots walk around with there heads up there ##$'s. and they wonder why no one gives a
    little_d
    I remember one day I was at a customer that called us for a 2 van volume. The city dispatch manager told the customer that the best he could do was send someone else back tomorrow, yet he had 10%ers sitting at home by the phone and city qualified people on the dock that could of went there for the pickup. Needless to say, the customer wound up using ABF for that trailer because their customer wanted the freight on the road to Texas asap.

This is just one of many stories I have working for the idiots that have been in charge of the city operation I have been at for many years. One of the biggest problems we have is the ego of our management. They act is if we are still in a regulated industry and the customers just have to sit there and deal with it. Wrong, the customers have options.... like to call another carrier such as ABF, UPS, FedEx, or Polar Bear from Ice Road Truckers!
    rocketman_cve
    Got sent from Saint Paul to Green Bay with mt's, got to Green Bay and was told to grab a set of mt's and go to the Ridge! Idiots! I laughed the whole way home.
    annieo
    In Nashville we had 2 men walked out the gate in April for health issues that prevented them from working over 40 hours a week. They both had statments from there doctors and one was on FMLA and a doctors excuse . Both had sever heart conditions. YRC in there attempt to show everyone that mandetory overtime will be worked if it kills you are not has lost the greivence that they deadlocked over 3 times since it all started and it has cost them over $30.000 in back pay to both these men !! 2 weeks after the decision the terminal manager quit and our workmans comp manager was let go last week !! THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTILL MORALE IMPROVES !
    scotmac0
    Heard 653 got 4 more switchers laid off last week.
    metalmikex

11. smokyjuan

Mar 26, 2009
    301 chicago ridge is closing. Heard they made an announcment that this dock is closing Dec. 12
    ninetyeight
    328 kokomo 631 danville il closing 11/20/09
    last day nov 20
    work moves on mon. 11/23
    youngw1500

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.