YRC

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by zigstar, Oct 29, 2017.

1. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    At times when a road driver gets to a terminal. And the sets aren't ready. And if no local P&D driver is there. You may have to make a delivery. But it's always something short and quick

Think of it this way. Once you get to the terminal. Your paid by the hr untill you set is ready to go. So why wouldn't they get some actual work out of you. Instead of paying you to do nothing?

Have fun p/u in Lake Park, GA. Who hired you. Mitch McCall?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Companies like the former Conway freight had it where a road driver would run like a 280 mile run. Unload and reload freight then head back to the terminal they originally came from. I know estes has dedicated dock workers. But a road driver with YRC won't be doing any dock work.

At some local hubs it's handled by the local P&D drivers. But at larger hubs with like 100 doors they have dock workers.

As a former freightman I wouldn't want to do local P&D anymore. Nor would I want to do line haul and unload and load my own set. Witch I'm not sure if it's a load your set when you come in. Then unload at the next terminal and reload. Then return to your home terminal to unload. That's just too much work.

The road drivers would bring in sets to my terminal. Then we would break the set and back em to the dock. Man when you rolled the door up. It looked like a tornado was in the trailer some times. Or the freight would have fell back on the door. And you had to wedge the forks of the lift under it and raise it just to get it open. It seem like those mega hubs would just load pups to the brim how ever they could get it on there.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Do tax deductions work if you don't meet the standard allowance already set by the IRS (deduction)?

I"ve been told by various tax preparers over the years that we had to exceed the standard allowance to claim deductions. For instance, when i was a wrench. I only had 1 year i could claim my tools. Because i exceeded the standard allowance. And the only thing that helped me exceed the allowance that year. Was the $1500 purchase of my snapon tool box. I never met the allowance the rest of my wrenching years.

bottomdumpin and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  5. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    True. You either itemize or take the standard deduction (with few exceptions). It makes no sense to itemize until you exceed the standard deduction, which most people won't unless they own a home and pay more than that amount in mortgage interest. One exception is the student loan interest deduction, which can be claimed even if you don't itemize.

snowwy Thanks this.
  6. zigstar

zigstar Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015

7. zigstar

zigstar Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Don't know him. It was done trough recruiter.

8. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Fixed That For Ya, and anyone who doesn't expect a trucking company to lie, cheat and steal must have just got their CDL yesterday.

snowwy Thanks this.
  9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Boy are you funny (sarcasm)

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Now that was a day to remember. It's illegally parked. I needed out with that semi. NYC's finest took care of that problem.

That is not to say however, I feel really bad about this day to the end of life. It's ridicilous the whole thing.

Besides the NYC Police pretty much made it clear one way or another, forgetabout it. GET OUTTA here.

IM actually GRATEFUL I live this far west and south. If I had to live there in NYC with all the things that go on out there day in and day out... I would be a medicated heap of babbling idiocy in a mental health ward by now. And the other poster would be entirely correct. There would be nothing more of value from me.

bottomdumpin and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  11. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    My girls dad retired from yellow. Drove for them since the roadway days. He said stay far away.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.