YRCW ask Teamsters for "relief"...

Discussion in 'YRC' started by latanea, Nov 25, 2008.

1. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    Yep there is a difference -

different age and time too.

But like everything - this will work itself out...

I would open talks on stock hand outs...

Right now a 10-15 % cut would hit my takehome by about 180-230 bucks a week

I can live with that - and in trade a stock option would make all drivers not already invested in the company a little more "aware".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    The thing is that almost everyone is in the same boat as you. Now's not the time to fight with the employers, look what's going on with SAG (Screen Actors Guild) now....they're just bleepin' morons....

4. latanea

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    We all recognize that freight levels are down...

I feel for fed ex - they have a ton of new equipemnt that is not being used...

(making payment on new trailers and tractors - with no way of justifying the hiring of drivers to run the equipment)

a bunch of companies got caught with their pants down this year...

I figure

RnL / ESTES / Old D / and SAIA are in the worst shape...

all of them struggled hard last winter - dunno...

(plays carnival organ music):biggrin_2554:

let the games begin!!!

5. latanea

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    latest "word"

http://www.teamster.org/uploadedFiles/Industries/Freight/pdfs/FREIGHT_Update_Nov26_2.pdf

now you will notice that NO NUMBERS have been posted...

that will come after the 2 man meeting December 3rd...

The comment I made - in front of others - at Roadway...

I said that

"if we all agree to give back 100 bucks a week - all 58000 of us - that in 6 months time we would have given the Company over 150 Million dollars for operational cash."

sounds like a plan to be considered if you ask me.

6. rickoliss

rickoliss Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Auburn NY
    Latanea .... I am wondering if this request is being made to all the YRC company teamster company employees Yellow Roadway Holland Redway New Penn etc. since I am currently laidoff with 11 other drivers I am not in the loop so to speak. an forgive me if I missed something in a previous post, thanks

7. latanea

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    no official request has been made "yet"

will have official word after december 3rd.

8. latanea

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    YRC Worldwide Seeks To Modify Teamsters Labor ContractOVERLAND PARK, Kan., Nov. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq: YRCW) announced today that its Yellow Transportation, Roadway, Holland and New Penn business units have reached a tentative agreement with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters to modify the current labor agreement for employees covered by the National Master Freight Agreement. Details surrounding the modification are expected to be available next week following further discussions with labor leadership and the affected employees.

more at

http://investors.yrcw.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=71156&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1230789&highlight=

9. tagmaster

tagmaster Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Irving tx
    With GM (and maybe Ford and Chrysler) on the verge of bankruptcy and Citigroup needing government assistance, these are certainly very challenging times for big companies. The current financial crisis is real and hitting all industries. YRC Worldwide is the high-cost operator in the LTL sector (thin profit margins) and has acquired poorly over the years (paying too much money for companies that were not strategically important). The upcoming integration should be very difficult, if past LTL integrations are any guides. Roadway was traditionally a solid operator and Yellow was not as good. Unfortunately, Yellow bought Roadway, and put the fate of both companies in the same bucket (under Yellow management). The O R of the two companies combined
    would certainly soar above 100. Most of us at Roadway do not think that a pay cut would save the company from going under.(this based on previous ltl companies) I'm glad to see a more optimistic forum here. No one is really saying much about the huge possibility of failure. My 60% rolls around at the beginning of February and if we make it that long I'll take all my time (prepaid) asap. I'm not taking a chance on giving away 4 weeks vacation along with the pension.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  10. latanea

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    That is what stings the most..

Roadway was alwas profitable... Yellow had its ups and downs..

Roadway ran lean... Yellow sponsered race cars and donated to charity all the time...

different ethics too.

Oh well - I am holding on for the long ride!:biggrin_25525:

11. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Holland is laying off guys with 10 years seniority or less in my neck of the woods up in Michigan. Not a good time to be a teamster. Used to be UAW myself, took a 20% pay cut for the privilege, plus had to pay them dues. That shop shut down over two years ago.

Mike

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.