YRCW - before you vote NO, please read...

Discussion in 'YRC' started by latanea, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Yep. And right now, most guys are lucky to make $500 a week. I can see where you are coming from in your original post, you make sense. Now, the rest of the guys that "don't get it" are probably going to put you out of a job.

I live not far from Detroit, been UAW, been in more plants than I can even remember over the years, trucking and not. I look at what you guys already have, and cannot believe that some of you would kiss it all good bye for whatever reason. I have never been able to figure out the "union" mind. But what I have experienced over the years, you guys are going to eventually kill the goose, and in a way, you already have. So much, for so little.

Mike

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I talked to a friend yesterday, who works the dock at Roadway here in town. He's undecided which way he'll vote. He's only worked there about a year, isn't as invested like some others are.

Good luck!

4. Mooney

Mooney Road Train Member

It's not going to matter how anybody votes. Odds are YRCW goes bust within 6 to 9 months.

That is if they can survive that long without blowing out their credit covenants.

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Interesting prediction.

There is definately a problem there and I really don't see them coming out of it.

6. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    USF Holland here in town is ready to go tits up. Whod'a thunk? Why not RoadWay and Yellow? A 10% cut to stay solvent, IN THESE ECONOMIC TIMES? And the membership is saying NO?!? They deserve everything they will get. Can one say simple minds?

Ignorance is bliss.

Mike

7. Mooney

Mooney Road Train Member

Stocks that can't stay above $5 rarely survive long term. They also do not attract mutual funds in any great degree.

8. oldguns

oldguns Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2008
    columbus ohio
    This is a freight problem......not just a yrc issue. Who just laid off 1900 employees after closing 40 terminals. If we vote yes how many non union pay cuts to follow. We get to vote, they are told what their new pay scale is.....without a vote. This isn't my 1st time it's my 6th. The next 24 months will decide who is going to join the list of who's no longer in business..........If any of us make it.

9. Mooney

Mooney Road Train Member

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Talked to a Yellow driver today, who came in to pickup some freight. He said "F' em! He's voting NO!"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.