Yuck! :)

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Gadfly, May 13, 2019.

1. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    I was driving I-40 yesterday, Nashville, Tn, Charlotte, NC area. There was a huge wreck, so I turned on channel 19 to see which lane was open. BOY! What boogered-up radios! A good HALF of the truckers' radios, I couldn't understand for the life of me! Muffled audio, splattering, useless, and I thought, "why, oh why do they think *that* "sounds" good"? You mean to tell me they are convinced that this **** sounds "good" and they PAID somebody to **** up their radio that way? My, my. :eek::oops::rolleyes:

OTH, there were several drivers in the line of us who had crisp, clear audio, had really, really great-sounding radios!;) From them, I was able to get in the correct lane. The rest of 'em???...…………………….they ain't hittin' on nuttin'!:rolleyes:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    I was headed the other way late in the afternoon. Up The Gorge.

That is, if you mean the wreck on the westbound side just past the IH40/IH81 split. Car fire.

I don’t recall bad radios. There was a base station offering help on how to get around if one was northbound onto 81.

Of course, I wasn’t sitting still in traffic. And
    Digital Audio Signal Processing sure cleans things up.

And, yeah, I was on the 885 Beartracker listening to both Scanner and 19.

Relayed info a few times once past the split. A number of thanks (the RM ITALY KL203 turned on). I was surprised by how few had their radios on. Knoxville is ALWAYS a problem (time loss).

4. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I missed it. Left Cherokee about 11am and went to Charlotte

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    You telling me that the "fingernails on a chalkboard" Isn't the same sound as "loud and proud"?

6. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I laugh alot when i hear some asking for a radio chk and its muffled or sounds like yer nose is plugged while talkin in a box with your hands cupped over your mouth and you will ALWAYS get some who says "Loud n Proud" or versions of that....
    Ill come back and ask what he is listening to cause it sounds like #### to me,then it all hits the fan..lol

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Yeah, even when there is a squeal in it( not hetrodyne )... "Sounds good driver"!

rabbiporkchop and craig_sez Thank this.
  8. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I was running US30 last week in Idaho toward Wyoming... I could see headlight of another truck behind me some distance. At one point it started snowing... Then got worse amd worse. Another tuck approached going the other way so I keyed up with "West bound got it on?" He replied and I asked about weather and road conditions behind him... After the conversation I heard "#### good sounding radio ya got there" I replied "Which one?" He said "Yours, made me jump when you came on. Sounds like you're sitting in my sleeper." That made me feel good. I like sounding crisp and clear... I run a Cobra 148 GTL, on older one with the side mic port. No fancy antenna or coax... Just the stick stuff on a 2017 Volvo... Maybe some day I will upgrade the antenna and coax (maybe even throw in a couple pills) to try and get a little better range... But for now I'm satisfied with the 3 to 6 mile range I'm getting.

x1Heavy and homeskillet Thank this.
  9. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    A good antenna/coax will make a huge difference...Might be a lil bit of a grounding issue as well but it wouldnt take much to get alot more..

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  10. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    This one was Eastbound between Nashville, and Knoxville. I think I hit a slowdown for that I-81 one, too!

11. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    A little bit of old-fashioned analog audio signal processing works also.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.