Z Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mxpx148, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Does anyone have any info/feedback on Z Transportation out of Wayne, NJ??

DazzlinD4 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DazzlinD4

DazzlinD4 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Everywhere
    I second this question. Talked with them today and want to see what the real scoop is.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  4. mxpx148

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Did they seem legit from your convo??

DazzlinD4 Thanks this.
  5. DazzlinD4

Aug 2, 2014
    Everywhere
    Legit yes in the sense they are a trucking company. States trucks are governed at 72. That they average 3000 miles a week. They pay. 45 a mile. Home every week (in my area Boston). Free rider policy. However when I asked about the average length out haul they said it differs since they take whatever is out there. 3000 miles is a prettyhey chunk of "whatever is out there" in my mind. Most of the broker loads I deal with now wouldn't get me there even at 72. Something made my sense of be wary go off so I came here hoping for something more. I do like my current company but I wouldn't be doing myself any favors to be complacent and miss an opportunity along the way.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  6. mxpx148

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Take whatever is out there? Sounds like a lot of broker freight...ugh

DazzlinD4 Thanks this.
  7. jdiesel3406

jdiesel3406 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Philly area
    Yup!

They advertise on Facebook and craigslist 50 cpm.
    Home weekends (Florida).
    Paper logs
    No health benefits offered
    No Automatics
    Nice equipment 579, 680, Cascadia and Volvo.
    Just seen one of their trucks about a month ago in Orlando... So they do exist lol.

paul_4lp and DazzlinD4 Thank this.
  8. DazzlinD4

Aug 2, 2014
    Everywhere
    The $0.50 per mile but if you do there I guess it's a covered flatbed. I didn't ask about the lodge I just imagine any decent size company would have gone electronic to get ahead of the curve. They did say that everything is either a 10 speed or 13. They do allow writers, as long as they are not minors, at no additional charge. I think I'll just go ahead and stay where I am.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  9. mxpx148

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    I thought 50cpm sounded high for van

DazzlinD4 Thanks this.
  10. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    You guys they are a foreign owned company that probably skirts on the outlaw edge. They pay .50 because it's 1099. You are considered independent, no benefits, no ss tax, no workmans comp, and definitely don't look for them to treat you other than a piece of meat to drive their trucks. They are in craigslist for a reason.

JTT and mxpx148 Thank this.
  11. jrhd97

jrhd97 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2014
    NC
    My impression from talking to them is that they used to run outlaw in regards to logs. A bunch of speeding tickets & HOS violations later they started having insurance problems and unwanted attention from DOT. After cutting the driver heard of those unwilling to run compliant they find theirselves needing drivers.
    With IRS rules, I'm not sure how they are getting away with a 1099 as you are definitely an employee. I asked that and couldn't get a straight answer.
    .50¢ is for pulling the Conestoga's. A decent rate in comparison, but I highly doubt you'll consistently see 3K a week while getting home.
    I've seen several of their trucks but haven't been able to talk to one of their drivers. Their FB adds have a few current drivers claiming they are good to go.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.