Z Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mxpx148, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    I just saw one of their trucks last time I was out and it looked to be in good shape.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckerman12

Truckerman12 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2016
    They offer benefits after 90 days and they take taxes out after 90 days. Not a bad company no volvos

4. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

I just spoke to them ... after 90 days you can stay 1099 or go w2 .. depends on where you live. I'm in Texas so would be 3 weeks out then 1 week home. Trucks governed at 72. You can run paper or elogs drivers choice .. no force dispatch .. no NYC if ya don't wanna do it ... lots of other things, they talked fast. I lost track of some of it. Lol . Equipment seems nice by looking at their Facebook page ... they said all loads were broker loads. . And lots of NE but they do 48 states. Said first 2 weeks is probation so they keep everyone on east coast until after that then give you more areas to run ...

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  5. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Any other input on them? I might be calling them tomorrow, from the outside looking in they look good.

6. Mustang99

Mustang99 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I have a friend that runs team for them, just started a couple weeks ago. They hate it already. They've been doing more sitting than driving. She said they unload today, and then have to wait 2 days for their next load.

7. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    From what I understand, they start you on 1099, then switch to W2 later. Illegal.
    I could barely understand the recruiter, so that's another strike.
    Claiming to get me 3000 miles a week, home every weekend, and on elogs? Can't see that legally happening, especially running elogs. Strike three.

8. Dev

Dev Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Let me share my experience with you about Z Transportation.

They advertise 50cpm on facebook and Craigslist. The pay is 45cpm for van and 50cpm for costega flatbed. Your first 50 miles are not paid. They advertise new trucks 2016/2017 Freightliners,Petes,KW. Paper logs and 1099. The terminal is in Wayne, NJ They fly you out to LaGuardia Intl airport from where ever you live. They pick you up take you back to the terminal to do a paper application. What they fail to tell you over the phone is #1 you may or may not get a new truck #2 if you quit within 90 of the hire date of employment they charge you for whatever your air fare cost (they don't pay for your bags)

I got there on a Monday, completed my paperwork. I sat in a office for hours waiting for them to find me a truck,fuel card etc... They ended up putting my in a motel (Wayne inn) because it got so late. Next day I was picked up and taken back to the terminal. When I got there I waited around maybe 2 hours and they told me I had a truck. OK great I go outside to a 2014 cascadia with light damage all over OK no big deal I do my pre trip etc. I climb in, it literally smelled like a cigarette, no working refridge, no inverter, radio broken. Less than, 300,000 miles and the truck was trashed. I was able to work with all the above. I told my recruiter I needed a load to the house or thru (Atlanta) before I even got to NYC . He says "OK no problem first load we'll get you thru" keep in mind I took a flight in I only had two outfits. 1st,2nd 3rd load still couldn't get me home so I could get clothes, truck gear etc. I told them if the next load isn't getting me home I'll return the truck and go home. Dispatcher says he'll try his best. Next load I was given took me even further away from house. Since it was passing the terminal I dropped the truck off got what I did have and got a uber and a flight back home.

This company is very deceiving. They could care less about you as a driver. Most 90% are broker loads. Trucks are new but not brand new as they lead you in. Be prepared to run heavy in the northeast

buckeye fan, Friday, VdotFoxx and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Jones 010

Jones 010 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Don't work for Z transportation. You'll be sorry dont. waste your time

10. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Above poster, we could use some additional details on Z to add to the thread for others in order to make an informed decision.

11. Jones 010

Jones 010 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2017

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.