Zero tuition for 6 month commitment? Anyone recently done this?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by SHOJim, Apr 8, 2012.

1. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    but yes ..... I have talked with lots of guys who had recruiters exaggerate. I haven't found them to be outright lying, just pushing the truth to crazy lengths.

The trainers and such are much more realistic about the company and the opportunities. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    As a phase 1 trainer I never lie to my student. I just tell him/her what my past experiences are and what has become of my former students. I don't want to be fueling one day and someone hits me in the back of the head for lying to them.

I had a couple of former students do well with CRE but I also had some that crashed/burned.

JCB & Associates Thanks this.
  4. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    I forgot my trainers name from back in 2001. I wonder if he is still with the company. He was really good and fun to hang out with.
    I ended up leasing with them successfully for a short while, but he was a company driver all the way.

5. Filmore

Filmore Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm willing to stick it out with whatever company I end up going with. I think that's only fair, if they are going to train me for my CDL and provide me with the experience to make a career out of what I want to do.
    I know that it isn't going to be easy in the beginning and wouldn't expect to be treated like a 20 yr Vet.
    I just want to get my foot in the door and pay my dues.
    Unfortunately everything I have seen about CRE, not just in forums, gave me reason to pause.
    Everyday, I would research, and everyday, the feeling that I should keep looking got stronger.
    I would rather take my time and know that I can go into something with a chance to succeed than feel rushed into making a decision I would regret and end up worse than I am now.

6. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    if your gut says "no" then it must not be a good idea

7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Absolutely Filomore! Take your time. You are the one who has to be happy in the end!

8. Filmore

Filmore Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm sure it's a good fit for some people, but my research told me it wasn't a good fit for me. I may regret that at some point in the future, but I've gone against my gut before to disastrous results.

9. Filmore

Filmore Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    jmorgn, didn't I read that you were going to Millis? How is that working out? Or was that someone else?

10. Bikerdave

Bikerdave Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Middle of nowhere TEXAS
    If you can stick it out for a year there is always FFE and Prime The trianing for prime is long 4-6 mos.,but they pay trainees 600 wk according to the website

11. Filmore

Filmore Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    Prime was actually my first choice. Since I have been unemployed for over a year, they told me I would have to find a job for at least 3 to 4 months before they would accept me.
    I told them if I could find a job, I wouldn't have been calling them in the first place.
    It didn't make much sense to me that I should find a job, work 4 months, then quit that job to go to school with the chance to get a job.

I should say employed off the books rather than unemployed. They were insisting on a "Verifiable" job, even though the guy I work for offered to "verify"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.