Zero tuition for 6 month commitment? Anyone recently done this?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by SHOJim, Apr 8, 2012.

1. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    That was me Filmore. Millis is number one choice. I was also looking at Central and CRE. I have an ill family member that is keeping me from going to whatever my final choice is in the immediate future. I have about another two months at least as my brother is going to Houston for a while to get treated for his cancer. I want to make sure he is going to be in the clear. I looked at Stevens and they had a problem with a med I take. Millis and Central Ref. don't have a problem with it. Don't know if CRE will have an issue with that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Filmore

Filmore Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, I thought that was you, I read your post in the Stevens forum. Hopefully everything with your brother will work out well.
    Good luck on whichever company you end up joining. Maybe you will get an offer on the T-shirt

4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks Filmore. Good luck to you to! As far as the shirt, I don't plan on getting an offer for it any time soon...LOL!

Filmore Thanks this.
  5. JACC0811

JACC0811 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    I think if you have questions about CRE and the training, go to a truck stop and talk to other CRE drivers and see if they went to the school, or call the school and ask them your questions about the school. The recruiters don't really know squat about the school situation. Especially after talking to other people in my class. The rec. really don't seem to be well informed about the Richmond school, maybe because it's only been open 3 months. But they have tried to pack too many people in the school which makes the hotel and shuttle situation a mess. Then the students get upset and stressed and it all gets circulated to everyone. And then that fuels all of the negative views that could be avoided.

I've been going at this whole thing, staying positive, not listening to the negative, and getting any info from more than one source. And keeping the attitude I have, I can see who will and who won't make it with the company. Out of the 28 in my refresher class, I would say 5-10 or fewer will make it successfully with CRE either as a company driver or if they take the lease leap later on.

6. Filmore

Filmore Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    Hope it works for you Jacc0811, as I said, I'm sure it's a fit for some.
    I looked all over the net and got my information from several sources. Sometimes you just have to trust your gut, win, lose, or draw.

7. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    prime might be similar, but CRE only needed me to fill out some paperwork on my "unverifiable" time. might be some government requirement. :)
    there are all sorts of unemployed people in my class and people like me who have been working for ourselves.

8. JACC0811

Jun 12, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    No doubt. I'm keeping an open mind during my time at CRE. But, I too trust my gut and if I feel something isn't right I'll split. But, so far everything to me has been on the up and up. I'm sure I'll get plenty of driver war stories when I get with my trainer. My thing is, if they think it's so bad, why are they still here? Especially when they say they could go to some other company and make more money, be treated better, etc.

Like I said, I'm not letting others dictate my experience. It's not the right company for everyone, like you said.

9. Filmore

Filmore Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    Keep us informed on how it goes

10. JACC0811

Jun 12, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    Will do! If you are on Facebook, I have a page that I update every day with info on my CRE experience. The link is in my signature.

11. Roadfreedom

Roadfreedom Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Where are you starting with CRE on the 30th? I am starting wiht CRE on the 30th also, in SLC.

gary

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.