Zimmerman/Stoltzfus???

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 359, Dec 4, 2013.

1. 359

359 Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Anyone no of Stoltzfus truck brokers outta Honey Brook Pa?
    Or Zimmerman truck service outta Ephrata Pa
    Any info/insight?
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Yeah, Zimmerman been around awhile, do Ca. turns plus wherever else they run.

4. TDriver4Life

TDriver4Life Medium Load Member

First I'd like you to know that I am not employed by Zimmerman this is an email I got back from a recruiter. I inquired about their flatbed division.

1. We do haul other things like lumber, plastic pipe, mostly it is steel...coils, sheets, etc.
    2. We would start you at 26.5%
    3. Our operating lanes are anywhere east of the Mississippi. We do a lot of New England, NJ, MD, PA, some Kentucky and TN, some NYC but mostly the island or upstate NY. Also, OH, IN, IL, MI....
    4. Our steel haulers are home weekends. Typically you are home Friday sometime and leave out on Sunday sometime.
    5. Some trucks have APUs-some do not. You can have an inverter installed by our shop.
    6. We do not want you on the toll roads...if you want to run them then you pay for them.
    7. We log legal.
    8. After you would submit an application and take a road test..we then send your application out of house to have past employment checked. After that is done we have a 2 day orientation. That pays $100 for two days. If you have to go out with a trainer for 3-4 weeks that will pay you $125/day.

5. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I think post#2 &#3 are referring to Zimmerman truck lines Mifflintown Pa. I've never heard of Zimmerman truck service from epharta. I live about an hour from epharta.....

6. Harley Charlie

Harley Charlie Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Warfordsburg,Pa.
    I am pretty stolfus is a big produce and frozen food broker. They do not have any trucks or trailers that I know of. You have to have authority ,insurance and all the other stuff. I talked to them about a year agoand they seemed pretty straight to me,at the time they did not have work for another truck

7. peteman2530

peteman2530 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Stoltzfus truck brokeage is an LTL broker.very hard to get on with only load top shelf o/o.Zimmerman carriers haul for Stoltzfus

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.