Zoo Freight?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by EndorPlumber, Nov 12, 2014.

1. EndorPlumber

EndorPlumber Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Hi y'alls! I James, from Colorado Springs. I just got my CDL from C.R.England, in Salt Lake, and I'm looking at freighting possibilities, and was wondering if anybody could help point me in the right direction.

Specifically, i was curious about what it takes to haul exotic animals, like to the Zoo. Is there a exotic livestock endorsement, or special training, or something I'd have to go through? Does anybody know what kinds of companies I might want to look into? Would I have to start small, like cattle hauling or Petco, for experience? Wait. How does Petco get their animals delivered?

i get that I might "need experience", however if anywhere is willing to take on a fresh graduate, let me know.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Visit a Petco store and ask which company delivers the pets.

A few months ago Swift has hauling elephants in California; don't know what the deal was on that, but it happened.

4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Try inquiring with zoo's themselves . call and ask companies .. I spoke with some drivers from swift.. they have an account with a circus and thus move circus animals and equipment... drivers are called on demand expect for those already assigned .. its not a permanent gig.. if its what you want... keep knocking until... keep in mnd it may be seasonal.. try live stock haulers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.