34 hour reset logging question.

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by RunningAces, Oct 4, 2020.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I was trying to be funny, not argue.

A full read of 395.2 shows many contradictions as to what should be logged. A good sophist can twist 395.2 like a stretch armstrong doll.

D.Tibbitt, Bean Jr. and ZVar Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I apologize then.

Here's another one I love. Yard Move is illegal to use. :) Oh it's added to the ELD law, but the definition of Driving was never changed to allow it.
    But yes, there are several fun little bits that are up to the officer that can interrupted to do whatever the officer wants it to say.

Bean Jr. and gentleroger Thank this.
  4. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    When I park for my 10 I log SB for the whole thing, whether it's 10 or 15 hours. I had my logs reviewed at a scale house in VA when I had a 36" sleeper and the DOT guy said "you mean to tell me you spent 13 hours in that little thing??" Lol I told him no, I just forgot to log off duty when I went inside to eat and shower. It was no big deal, I really think they could care less. A break is a break

Bean Jr., Dieselboss and Timin770 Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    For the most part that's true, which is why I said legally. Thing is there is always that one officer that's an ahole. And you did admit you falsified logs....

gentleroger and Dave1837 Thank this.
  6. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    o_O
    Honestly, all it comes down to in this type of situation is attitude. As former LE, I can personally tell you that it's a relief whenever you have a dealing with someone that doesn't give you a hard time and is just flat out honest about stuff. Could you imagine being a DOT officer and having to deal with today's truck drivers? Lol I'd go insane. I can't even deal with them at truck stops as another truck driver

7. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    And how does yard move play into the 30 minute break?

I caused a couple three meetings when I asked that back in July.

8. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Technically its an On Duty Not Driving status... So it can be used for 30 min break... I fuel in Yard Move so I can go park after without doing the ELD creep to not interrupt my 30 min break.

9. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    I wish you could listen to the converstation between safety, it, regulatory, and legal. It was a mix between Waiting for Godot and Whose on First.

D.Tibbitt, 25(2)+2 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  10. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    The simple fact that a companies safety dept critiques HOS rules to be what they want is enough of a red flag for me to not want to work for them... At my company, if FMCSA says it is legal we can do it... Period.

roshea Thanks this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI

That's just it. Yard Move is a legal status in one section of 395, but illegal to actually use that status in another section of 395.
    The guidance still states a yard move is illegal. The definition of Driving is stall "All time at the controls of a CMV" with no exception for yard moves. And after the Warner lawsuit do you really blame a company for being super paranoid and applying the section that states it's illegal?

Bean Jr., gentleroger and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.