4" 30' Straps

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by scottied67, Apr 18, 2020.

1. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I hate roofing tiles.:mad::confused:

You keep the same trailer? If so I would go with the bands that everyone else is suggesting. You don't have a ton of straps per load with those loads.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I made my winder, and i start at the tail leaving hook at the outer perimeter. I average 15-18 seconds to roll, band and plop one in the box. I band while still on my winder using two hands. Its about 2.5 seconds to grab, band and yank it over the whole roll.

scottied67 and baha Thank this.
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I bought a strap winder which rolls them up quickly. I have 20 30 footers for tiles and something like 14 for the treated poles we haul.
    The mechanic cut me up 20 'rubber bands; from an old inner tube. Already a couple of the bands have broken but I did pick up a 5 pack of new ones at the truck stop.

The straps for the poles are shorter, basically 30's that have been cut down for flaws. We keep them separate for the loads as the chemicals from the poles get saturated into the shorter straps.

Another reason to keep them separate is that the tile straps need a half twist in the top so we roll them up stripe/words out so when we toss them over the load we can quickly snap a twist as the roll lands on the other side then pull the hook down and get it on the trailer.

The pole straps are rolled stripe/words in so when we throw them over there will be no twist at all in the straps. Plus they are kept with the trailer as opposed to the tiles straps which are kept with each truck.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.