45 day review experienced hire

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by getn2it, Jul 8, 2014.

1. getn2it

getn2it Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    Hello all, I like to put my personal experience here after getting a feel for a company. Well its been around 45 days with the company driving on my own, I already had 2 years experience and took a 6 month hiatus from trucking to get sum things situated with home life. Overall I would rate this company 7/10, mostly because operations is a joke. Within the time frame I've been here I've been in 3 different trucks, in the shop 5 different times (no breakdown pay) when you're in the shop. There are times where I'm tricked into a load , what I mean by this; I'll get a pre plan on a 400 mi load that has a delivery date 2 days away . I would call and ask about the load being moved up so I don't end up sitting... ( 400 mi doesn't require that long but I understand appts are made. So ill be informed and assured the I can deliver early..Get there the same day, and have to sit until delivery....I do speak up about this concern and have been paid 65$ layover pay but that's it. I just don't like the deception part.
    Home time is at your own accord. I've taken 4 days off at a time, no problem, I recently had a situation where I took the weekend off for the 4th, and need to run a few days and be back on the 11th for a ceremony .. they don't say anything as long as you let them know. I get 2400-2600mi /wk..
    I am so confused and a little upset at my pay, I've asked questions and get half answers. I was told that per diem is forced for the first 3 months.. I am fine with that, I was also told that, per diem or not I would still make .39cpm . Somehow when I look at my settlements, add everything up, I am only coming up with .35cpm . The settlement do not show where I am making .39cpm... it's so exhausting not understanding what you're working for an no solid break down of pay.
    For the most part I stay rolling sum weeks, usually have a pre plan a day before I drop.
    Another thing that is inconvenience to me is parking with hometime. I was told by recruiting that where I park for hometime is at the discretion of dbl... that isn't the case. I live 25 miles away from the terminal and I do not have a vehicle so I have to try to find rides to and from the terminal when I go in or out for hometime... I parked with my old company on the street right by my apt and Che ked my truck dqily...tried that here, got chewed...

I do like that the company has options as far as what kind of work you do ie (local, regional, otr)
    Communication and operations is key to a successful anything...

There are other things I question ...
    They way the bonuses are achieved is sort of catch 22...
    You have to meet different percentages that make up how you are tracking on your bonus. You won't fully understand this complicated system until it is time for your (after 30 day) review training... and even then, you may not understand ...

This is my experience so far...I can go more into detail about particular things that I've mentioned be it I'm asked...And look forward to sum answers to sum of my confusion. .
    I'm sitting down for another day so I have time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    Sorry I meant to add. . I only plan on doing this regional for 6 months until I save for a car and then wanted to switch to local. .. do any info on how to go about that is appreciated as well

4. truckerlife74

truckerlife74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte nc
    Only thing I can tell you someone lied to you about starting pay, it's always 35 cpm, never 39, also you can park your truck by your home. I work for the same company. Only had 1 truck and home every weekend, I'm on a regional act

5. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    I was told the same that I was led to about pay, but I have the welcome on email from the recruiter saying that my pay rate it .39cpm. If I could snapshot it I would post it here. The guy who did my review training told me that the starting pay is 35cpm as well.. who do I trust and how do I get facts on pay? Dbl seems incompetent as to how to break it down for me. This could be illegal, falsifying documentation? Not unless it's somewhere in the fine print of the stacks of paperwork that they throw at us in orientation. ... ill do more research, I couldn't imagine a company with good rep to be ripoff like that.

6. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    With 2 years you should b at 37.but with the break u took you probably got Demoted in expiernce uploadfromtaptalk1404912804478.jpg

7. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Bonus is pretty simple to track. U can go on crossroads and see and track your progress. But as a new driver I don't think your eligible till your second quarter at the company. If u live more then 60 miles from a oc you can take truck home. But u have to give them a address where it's parked.

8. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    No, I didn't get demoted because I've never worked for them before. Coming into the company, my pay rate is .39cpm with a 5k $ sign on bonus. My pay was determined by the amount of miles I'd driven with other company. I talked to my dbl 2 days ago and reassured me that my .39cpm is correct but wasn't able to explain to me why I only come up with 35cpm once I do the math. On one of the settlements I did see .38cpm ....
    Why is knowing my pay so complicated this shouldn't be hard. I asked was there a sliding pay scale, he said no. He told me it's because of the o re r diem but once per diem com re s off after 3 months.. I should see the 39. Cpm he tok rd me that others had this issue as well...
    Some things are just not adding up to me.

I wish there was some way to get direct answers instead uumms and assumptions

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    note, there is a .02 admin fee to per diem. your settlements , if memory serves, should show x miles at whatever rate perdiem is (mine was .16cpm) then a line with paid taxable miles at whatever the balance is between your CPM less admin/perdiem.

Maybe Moosc will share what he sees on his settlement statement. Just looked back at an old one from when I first started here. Page 2 of the actual stub shows per load breakdown. At least at that time. think they have changed things for OTR, I have worked dedicated for 2 years now.
    x miles @cpm, xmiles @perdiem, and for me being classed NE regional x miles @.02 premium.

10. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Pay is somthing that pissess me of sni. 4 years ago top was 37 & no raise. Now top is 39 with 5 plus years. But I'm not eligible for raises because I'm classified top tier. July 1 sni gave some drivers a one cent Bump. Yep I got it so 38¢. But since I believe n support per diem I loose 2 cent for Admin fee. I still take home more then non per diem. I also get a extra penny on bonus pay. And getting bonus isn't that hard. Biggest killer is days worked. Drivers take to much time off. There's also short haul pay that adds up. Never recieved ne pay only NYC pay. So my pay is like this 38-02=36~16 per diem so 20¢ taxed and 16¢ not taxed. uploadfromtaptalk1404929481276.jpg

11. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Yeah just about to say if you go online it break it down. But on mine it shows how many miles times how much I make a mile. Idk moosc didn't show that but for example 100 miles@.39cpm = (whatever)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.