6 months at Prime, Inc.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by evofd, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's true, but all the drivers are there voluntarily. Abilene Motor Express trucks governed @68 mph.

VWjunkie1345, Hick and TheFriscoKid Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did you check out Online Transport in Indy? Looks like a good place to get started, then jump ship later to a tanker outfit in Cincinnati.

4. Sharps5090

Sharps5090 Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Northern Illinois
    That's the great thing about this industry. Everyone gets to choose what works best for them, even when it comes to the "paying your dues" aspect of the job. Some want the zen that comes from long periods of solo road time. Others crave the chaos of local I/M yards. Some want a regional "home once every 70" thing. Some don't want the isolation, so run team. Lots of choices.

Keep up with the positive attitude and you'll find yourself the niche that fits!!!

tscottme and Ssand Man Thank this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yesiree, everyone has to find their own way. It's definitely not a one size fits all industry.

I got in 7 years ago after a major collapse of the housing industry. The only fields that were hiring at the time seemed to be nursing & trucking. I chose trucking because changing bed pans didn't appeal to me.

Started with May Trucking going coast to coast. Out about 300 nights a year, became a "trainer" because I enjoyed having someone to talk to and to pass on what little I knew about the industry.

Moved on to a regional company for more hometime. Worked in the office for over a year and decided I didn't like it.

Got my own authority, bought my own truck & trailer and launched out on my own the first of this year.

I love it...

I stay on the west coast, found a niche that works wonderfully for me and plan to keep doing what I'm doing so long as I'm able to do so.

Trucking has been berry, berry good to me ;-)

DKNY, ILoveBulgogi, dtmo and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    And you know this how? Have you seen his settlements? Are you with him in the truck?

I know of two guys on with prime, one is in his third year on his lease, the other on his second year. Both live in the truck and only go home for holidays.

DKNY and Jilani Thank this.
  7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    That don't mean #### there genius. Plenty of guys fail at prime while plenty of others have succeeded

8. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    No they only go home because they are both single and have no kids, they live on the road like many do.

Look, you're making assumptions based on past experiences of others, unless you've seen his actual settlements, you've no place to comment on how well or why he says anything

9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I'm not associated with prime one iota. I wouldn't drive for them like you do... Kinda tells me about the choices you make.

Not everyone needs to have a life to be happy. Just because you do, doesn't mean it's fact. Get your head out of your ### and stop being a troll. Unless you actually see the man's numbers, you know nothing, you are only operating under assumptions

Puppage Thanks this.
  10. swervyjoe

swervyjoe Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Charleston, SC
    ...And you just talked me out of leasing.

Bsmoove2U Thanks this.
  11. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Just curious, after 6 months what are your average miles per week?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.