A lesson learned

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by femalecdla, May 19, 2022.

1. femalecdla

femalecdla Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2018
    We booked a load with Convoy for a pickup on 5/18/22 at 9:30am. Driver arrival time was 8:45am. Driver was then told that the shipper notified Convoy that the load was delayed and would not be available for pickup until possibly 5/19/22 at 8am. We contacted Convoy who then tried to offer a TONU. We declined the TONU as Convoy also offered detention pay if we were willing to wait until possibly 5/19/22. We agreed and a new rate confirmation was sent and accepted. The driver goes to the nearest truck stop to wait.

On 5/19/22, we contact Convoy again for a status up date. Convoy again offered a TONU. We declined as we have a rate confirmation for this specific load and willing to wait. Convoy this removes us from the load and reposted the load for $1100 less than what they agreed upon with us on the rate confirmation. We contacted Convoy concerning this incident and was told another carrier accepted the load at a lesser rate.

We lost 2 days revenue plus fuel costs as we fueled prior to pickup. This has got to stop among brokers treating carriers this way. If a carrier did the same to a broker, the broker would want to blacklist the carrier.

We have ended our relationship with Convoy and will never pull another Convoy load. It’s their lost as we are a specialized carrier which provides a unique service for brokers/shipper’s. Perhaps Convoy never needed our service, does not recognize who we are, or simply does not care. I’m pretty sure down the line at some point, they will wish they never threw us out in the trash.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    FDC77729-95D2-4313-A945-71C142B95C6D.jpeg

Vampire, RefMata, Badmon and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    they don’t care.
    always someone else who needs a truck payment, so they’ll do it cheaper.

5. pumpkinishere

pumpkinishere Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    Ya that sucks. We actually pulled for convoy and had really good luck with them but we haven’t pulled for the last 6 months for them, that is bs and like you said if carrier did that to them they would want them blacklisted. Sorry you having those issues driver. Maybe it’s best to refrain from doing busy with them,

6. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    The "con" in "rate con" stands for contract. They breached contract. Are you going to allow it?

The_vett, Vampire, RefMata and 7 others Thank this.
  7. PSM379

PSM379 Heavy Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
    10 years in about and I always thought it was slang for rate confirmation lol

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
  9. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Okay, OP. I'll bite. What differentiates you as a carrier from other carriers out there?

10. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Maybe you could explain it further.

It sounds to me like you turned down a truck ordered not used and they sent you a rate con to wait and be paid detention.

So you waited from 9 a.m. until 8 a.m. the next morning. They told you the load would be ready at 8 a.m. so I'm assuming that's when you contacted them. So you got 11 hours of detention. Even if it's $30 an hour you should have gotten $330, the driver should have gotten a good night's sleep, and you're off for another load if they gave it away to someone else.

I probably missing something but that's what it sounds like you're saying. So what's the rest of the story?

11. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I've seen both. I just use whatever suits me at the time. But it is a contract.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.