Aaa cooper transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jgarciajr40, Jan 29, 2023.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Our equipment also has their imprint on it. Those trailer side skirts? Manufactured and installed by a company they own. They’ve done quite a bit of upgrading our terminals and added a couple new yards.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    in regards to what you said about the 401k that’s exactly what they did her at cooper. Cooper was already adding new terminals, but it does seem at a faster pace than normal. I know just since knight bought cooper I’ve seen at least half a dozen added; where it was maybe 2 ever year or so.

I also know they now ship more into the NE using MME’s footprint as coopers own.

You now can use cooper and ship to say… middle of no where Wyoming and it stay “within network”. Where before it would go to say Estes or a competitor who services that area.

I see MME pro stickers on some of my stops know if shippers I’ve never heard of being here for almost a decade. So it appears MME is pick-up southern state freight too. My guess is they’re gonna try and make a 50-state in network LTL carrier.

*ignore my type-os my phone typed whatever it wants I’ll clean it up later

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    JoeyJunk and JohnBoy Thank this.
  4. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    That’s exactly what David Jackson said in his end of year speech board meeting. He wants every entity to have access to all the freight. We see it now on our reefer customers. If you Google it you’ll find the article where he mentions it.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    So now AAA COOPER is nation wide?

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Basically yes. They’ll have freight picked up and put on one of the other entity’s trailers and delivered to an area they don’t service.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  7. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Probably not too well known, but AAA Cooper has an end dump division in the Montgomery area, wonder if and how it will affect those guys.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  8. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    almost it’s pretty much “Dixie land” a few states in the NE like Illinois, and they use MME’s network which covers the North western states like Wyoming, Nebraska, etc..

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  9. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Yes I remember my buddy said y'all had one terminal up in Minneapolis. They tried to go union and the company shut that terminal down entirely.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  10. basedinMN_

basedinMN_ Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    Is this true? I'm very curious to learn more about this. Our terminal manager, new as of a few weeks ago, said he ran that AAACT terminal for five years.

Makes a guy wonder...

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  11. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Yes it's true. AAA wasn't playing that union mess

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.