Abf

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Lancer 1, Feb 22, 2017.

1. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    If you want to make good money be ready to bust your tail off.
    No one wants to pay you to do nothing and put your feelings ahead of their business operations.
    This applies to anything not just trucking.

Longarm, Texas_hwy_287 and jethro712 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I think he thought he could go to work and sit around in the breakroom and have immunity from discipline because it's a union job, then he found out that it is hard work and they expect you to work.

bzinger, De Trucker and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  4. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    That's right. ...
    If you agree to the wage offer
    You then should do your part of the agreement
    ....if you discover that the agreement doesn't hold much value, you should then do the right thing and dissolve the agreement in the proper matter
    "NOT CRY ABOUT IT "
    Any union job is going to have an organized agenda backed up with a contract that has been voted in by ALL involved

5. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    Your own wife? Lmao

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    I am to sleep with only my own wife ? Been doing it wrong all these years ?

7. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Well my fellow veteran truckers I myself as a new breed of truckers understand that it don't matter where you go you have to pay your dues, so please don't think we all are entitled brats, my current company gave me a chance to get on the LTL division and yes as the others fellow truckers have said bust your tail off and always be on time at the end it would paid off.

carramrod32 Thanks this.
  8. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Personally, I think ABF is way over rated, and the pay really isn't all that great either.
    In my area, you start off at 19 bucks an hour and max out at about 24 bucks an hour.
    True, the pension and the medical bennies are great, but from the pay standpoint, for all the work and constant hustle and hellish (and I do mean hellish) dock work, 24 bucks an hour really stinks.
    I worked for them awhile back and I was amazed at all the background checks done on me as part of their hiring process.....

All for a 19 bucks an hour part time job driving a truck.

I was a good delivery driver but I really sucked on the dock. Maybe I hated it so much, therefore I sucked; or maybe it was the other way around..... who knows?
    Anyways, when I told them that I was quitting, most of my fellow employees along with management were mildly shocked; nobody quits ABF.
    Well I did and I wish that there were some way to provide background checks on ABF for potential drivers so that any potential newbies don't waste their time trying to get in.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Ask the people in the Central States Pension fund how great their pension is.....

10. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    "...But...But...But... I've been out here six whole months, accident free. I even drove in the snow a few times! Now where's my $90000 per year job where I get an hour and a half paid lunch break, never touch freight in my trailer, never work before 6AM or after 9pm, etc

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't mind working before 6 if I'm off before 4. ;)

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.