accident in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Florida Girl, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Florida Girl

Florida Girl Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Ocala,Fl.
    someone hit my husband in the rear trailer tire and then claimed he hit her when changing lanes, cops were called cop would not even listen to my husband. The whole left side of car damaged sheet metal only no damage to trailer or tires not even so much as a scuff The accident report is so full of wrong statements picture also shows him hitting her with his right front fender had age wrong had color of truck wrong and I could go on and on. But you know who got the ticket .anyone have any idea who the company is that has lawyers for truckers and how to get in touch with them. Thank you in advance for any help and information you may give. Stay safe

misterG and Lucy in the Sky Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Let the driver deal with it..... Google is his friend.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Happens every day. A truck is more likely to move over into an "unseen" mororist then a motorist is likely to just drive into a trailer. Not saying this doesn't happen, but this is the story EVERY truck driver uses in these situations .... "the car just moved over into me while I maintained operation well inside my original lane".

If he had a dashcam, this would maybe help to prove his case but I have a feeling it would more then likely show a gradual move over into another lane (intentional or not) then a quick reaction back into the original lane. But just be sure of the story before you proceed. Other motorists behind or along side may also have had a dash cam and recorded the facts.

I wish I could always trust the word of fellow truck drivers, but it's hard.

misterG, 06driver, TripleSix and 2 others Thank this.
  5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Im sorry he is going through this. Does he drive for a company or own his own truck?

Might check OOIDA.com. They cater to truckers and would be able to help.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    The other thing he was supposed to do was get out and take pictures. Wherever the point of impact was, there should debris on the road. Walk back behind the debris, take pics, showing lanes, on ramps, signs, tire makes...etc. You take the pictures to support your story. Take lots and lots of pictures.
    You don’t need the cop to listen to you, you need to be out there snapping pics.

7. bowhunter67

bowhunter67 Light Load Member

May 28, 2016
    rush city mn
    I have been hit on my front axle of my spread going straight down the highway in my lane totaled the suv stopped called the police. They show up and he asked any damage -no do you need a report - no if you dont want to be involved you can leave I said thank you an good bye.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  8. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    With all the litigation going on, you really can't afford to NOT spend a few hundred for a triple camera setup. They are out there and run in loops until an accident. Video saves a lot of talking and finger pointing.

9. jraulpilot1998

jraulpilot1998 Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2014
    All over U.S.A
    Did you know...that....that type of incidents has become a Bread and butter for lots of people. They know that most Big truck drivers involved OR NOT, ..they just pass it On to the Insurance companies.
    So, they go around searching for the precise moment to generate the Incident. Cities like Miami, New York, los Angeles and others have that ""Con"" going around. Good Luck...with "The Case".

10. Drivingotr4life

Drivingotr4life Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2018

Honestly it's hard to say. It's really hard to prove he said she said allegations without proof. And from the sounds of it the car had all the damage and your husband's trailers was completely fine. Which honestly is normal trucks are tougher. If you could get an eyewitness besides your hubby or other driver that would be best.... Maybe there were cameras near by if it happened in atlanta? Best bet always get a lawyer... Doesn't have to be a trucker lawyer. Your own private lawyer would be best... may cost a few grand..m but trust me it's your best bet.. he or she will investigate it.. as of now sounds like there's really no case car drivers left side smashed no damage to truck? No witnesses your husband's as fault at this point... That's just the crappy reality of being a trucker.... my advise tell him to get out if Atlanta worst drivers I've ever seen including other truckers. Only way I waste my time there is if I'm going to florida in the winter

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  11. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Defensive driving. It means being aware of your surroundings at all times. Someone keeping up with my speed? I will slow down until they move on and pass me. Don't trust them 4-wheelers for nothing. Use your mirrors. Always.

Brickwall Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.