Accidents/incidents

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Geo1971oh, Dec 28, 2017.

  1. Ridgeline

    Ridgeline Road Train Member

    22,853
    126,506
    Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    0
    You won't like what I think but there is no familiar construction zone, they are all different and all of them change in a matter of seconds, minutes and hours.

    You can do better than this, next time slow down, keep your mind on whats around you and be careful.
     
    TripleSix and okiedokie Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. okiedokie

    okiedokie Road Train Member

    15,094
    123,675
    Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    0
    6 Ps its a proven plan. Lol
     
  4. Farmerbob1

    Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

    3,685
    5,795
    Jan 17, 2017
    0
    That is an annoying dock for sure, but with a few get out and looks, it should have been doable even for a rookie. Its not even a blind side back.

    Now, I will say that I can't see enough of the rest of what is near that dock to comment on how to set up for the back. If the area is sufficiently cluttered, that dock could be a real nightmare.
     
  5. tman78

    tman78 Medium Load Member

    409
    222
    Jul 2, 2014
    0
    Don't sweat it too hard. BUT you have to ask yourself "what making you S%%*up so many times in the last few years?

    Change your habits...pay attention to details. FOCUS....
     
    TripleSix Thanks this.
  6. TripleSix

    TripleSix God of Roads

    19,263
    134,766
    Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    0
    Whoa! Excellent post!

    Now I have to take back all of those awful things I said about you.
     
  7. Geo1971oh

    Geo1971oh Bobtail Member

    2
    1
    Dec 28, 2017
    0
    Too many holier than thou here.. I ll be fine talk amongst yourselves.
     
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  8. FozzyNOK

    FozzyNOK Road Train Member

    2,482
    3,827
    Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    0
    What the heck do you expect after your post? You came to the industry damaged, you damaged it more, you asked for advice on whether or not you'll get canned... You may or you may not. I already answered the question and I am an (recently) ex Werner Safety Rep.. Werner is now not run by drivers. Its ran by money men and a whole lot of young college kids in a mutual leg humping society. Safety there is a joke! Its a punch line! If Werner keeps you then its really nothing to be proud of. You are working for a carrier that accepts shoddy drivers with poor skill sets.

    The state of the industry means that its full of people who are poorly skilled and never seem to advance much past that and most seem to only be able to learn by running into things repeatedly.. After running into several things or getting several citations for things they knew were against the regs and common sense, they return time and time again asking whether or not THIS latest infraction is the ONE that will end their already shoddy career. If you cannot and will not take the career serious.. why should anyone else???

    ** Now I edited this to add that Werner (just as all megas) does have some excellent drivers who lead by example and are fantastic people.. They are just dwarfed by the herd that aren't.
     
    Farmerbob1 and TravR1 Thank this.
  9. Money-Mike

    Money-Mike Light Load Member

    97
    49
    Sep 27, 2017
    0
    I clipped the bumper of a corolla with the tail end of the trailer/dot bumper behind a dollar tree back in April. The manager who was spotting me didnt do so well at that job lol. Totally my fault as although a spotter is good, im still in control of the rig and my responsibility. I got 90 days of "probation" and some computer trainings.

    1st thing is accidents happen. It's not if it's when. However, its 1000x worse if the company hears it from someone else before you. Makes you look like you tried to hide it and if you can't be honest and an adult why would they want to keep you?

    The backing accident could be a slap on the wrist but paired with a sideswipe plus your other MVR issues. Yikes.

    I do know of a driver who has a similar situation and is still rolling. Just go in explain it, what you did wrong, what you can do in the future, and maybe bring a little KY along for the ride.
     
    Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.