Ag exempt explained

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Loudstacks, Apr 16, 2024.

1. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Loudstacks and RockinChair Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    There is no 14 rule or any rule. Everything you do in the exempt circle is not recorded.

My ELD has an ag exempt status. When i push it. My logbook records nothing until I put myself back on regular hos.

I read that you can use PC and note as ag exemption. Also I was told you could turn your ELD off and note ag exemption.

Good luck

.https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/hours-service/elds/agriculture-exemption-diagrams

Loudstacks and Short Fuse EOD Thank this.
  4. Loudstacks

Loudstacks Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    you answered what I was thinking, you can use OFF DUTY PC with "AG EXEMPT" or Agricultural Exemption" in annotations...thanks, Cause in my mind Im thinking any other status will automatically throw me on drive once over 5mph...
    so you get a max of 150 miles a day? You can use it once you ran out of your 11 or anytime your dealing with AG situation you can exploit it to preserve your 70 (gray area I know)...? I'll check out all the links provided thank you!

5. Loudstacks

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    WoW, so you can actually drive as much as you want (wouldn't do this, safety first) 150 air miles (170 actual driven or road miles) driving empty to PU AG from shipper or barn (must be within 150 miles to shipper) & also from shipper to receiver as long as its under 170 miles from shipper to receiver in one day? Or you can do it as much as you safely want all day everyday just have to be within 170 miles empty from shipper+170 miles loaded from shipper to receiver? Jeez, someone mentioned a company not paying OT after 8, I can see the carriers loving this extension of HOS & drivers chasing the money can easily get carried away, wow...

6. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Yep, furthest i did so far was 1,050 miles in a day Lincolnville, KS to Birmingham, AL had to be there before midnight or be 3 days to unload, made it, then DHed back into Mississippi as once i got empty my next load was in new exemption.

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/hours-service/elds/agriculture-exemption-diagrams
    Radius explanation

Loudstacks Thanks this.
  7. Loudstacks

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    Jeez so that's how some guys claim to rack ups over 4k miles a week! I see the trick! stay safe, money ain't worth a life, thats the only danger of this...I know many during the PlannedEmic we're abusing the HOS exemption as well, all is fair as long as its manageable & greed doesn't jeopardize safety! Good to know though... thank you.:Automobile loan:

8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I don’t get paid by mile.
    But to make it work drove 172 miles,(within radius) Drove halfway logging it legal, stopped got fuel/ate/30 minute break, Legal log to next stop was receiver in birmingham.

Then when empty was exempt to next pickup, course it was 2 in morning and they were closed, but got a nap, and it showed 170 more miles was off duty.

Cat sdp and Loudstacks Thank this.
  9. Loudstacks

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    Holy Moly, so your getting hourly for all those miles/hours worked under ag exempt the same or even hopefully OT or 1.5xhr? WoW if thats the case like that old school hip hop song said "you got it made"!

10. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    my truck/trailer.
    Had to make it, they were going to unload a train, wouldn’t have unloaded a truck for 72 hours if i didn’t make it, made it with 30 minutes to spare

Loudstacks Thanks this.
  11. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I always used PC with MAP21 Ag Exempt for the notation and never had any issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.