Anderson (ATS)

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by BigDaddyJollyRob, Jan 27, 2008.

1. meat999

meat999 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Det, MI
    i think they are-- not 100% sure

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mizz_b_havin

mizz_b_havin Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    winter haven, fl.
    Hey ya'll, My hubby just got hired at ats, starts orientation on the 26th. Going to give the lease op a try. In the van division. His brother works here, owned his truck in less than a year, and says he's doing very well. Can anyone tell us what to expect at orientation? Or give any advice to us about buying a truck thru them and actually making it? Can anyone reccomend a good FM, or let us know if theres one to avoid lol? We are so nervous about this and do not want to fail. I know he's going to have to run like a hebrew slave for at least the 1st year. We are already used to doing this for the company he worked for for 2 yrs. Can anyone tell us about the trucks they offer? Im sorry for all the questions. But thanks to anyone who can be of any help in advance. Hope to see ya'll on the big road!

4. Michelle

Michelle Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2009
    De, MI
    Anyone have news on how Anderson (ATS) trucking is?

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well there several threads in the dac reports.
    Me I'm leased to them.
    They have their good points and bad, but I'm happy here

6. Sinister

Sinister Light Load Member

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin, US of A.
    The van division is almost literally a seperate company from the flats. They had a bunch of accidents, and I'm told the van division is the reason we are being audited.

They also had a lot of claims, which cost ATS a good amount of customers.

A week of lectures, boredom, fear-mongering, and NOTHING you need to know about what to do to actually work at the company. It's basically a week of fulfilling requirements by watching safety videos, etc.

BE ON TIME EVERY MORNING. Some people don't make it through orientation because they show up for the shuttle 5 minutes late, and it's gone. They don't send it back.

As big a waste of time as the WEEK LONG orientation is, it's also a test. Be on time, be clean, don't smart off in class, don't be disruptive, pat attention. There are written tests. Don't go out and get drunk. There's a bar right next door. Ignore it for now. You are there for a job.

They won't even consider selling you a truck until you've been there at least a year. The lease is going to be hard enough, so just concentrate on that for now. I'm 6 months into my lease, and there hasn't been one relsaxed moment. My mind is constantly working overtime to maximize profit.

My wife says I'm a type A personality though...whatever that is...

You don't get to pick your FM. Switching requires an act of congress, so basically just try your best to work with whom you are given.

This is the feeling we all have working here, Im pretty sure. One thing I've learned about working here is that usually, whatever you're going through, you're not the only one, and it's not the first time.

Freightliners, Volvos, Peterbilts. They wheel out trucks on Monday, and whats there is whats there. That's about it. Some of the trucks are totally trashed, and some are not. There's not a lot of science to it. Tom Berg, the leasing guy told us he gets the orders for how many trucks are going to be needed at about 3 pm on Friday, so he just doesn't have the time to worry about if they are clean or not.

I don't believe this one bit, and don't think much of Mr. Berg, but that's what happens.

Best of luck.

7. mike91118

mike91118 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2010
    clarksville,tennessee
    i was over there at one point of time left because wanted to try tanker changing was the worst turn i made im back over with them right now making 2,000 to 5,000 dollars a week solo and 3,000 to 5,000 a week glad i went back and as long a you ACCEPT the lloads you can make the same amount i make

8. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I worked at ATS years ago as far as hauling the big stuff i.e. windtowers etc., unless you have previous experience in that section of the industry, you will start out as a regular flatbedder first, and they have a laddered system that after so much experience you move up to the next level. It takes years there to work your way up into the really big stuff.

9. musicmaker

musicmaker Medium Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Fort Madison, IA
    They are the wind turbine blades for the windmills and yes you are correct, they are 110-135ft long.

10. txqtrucker

txqtrucker Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2011
    bryan, texas
    How you are you guys doing at ATS either on the Company side or L/P side. Trying to decide between ATS or Lone Star as a Company driver. Any info will be helpful....pay, miles and home time???

11. seawind

seawind Medium Load Member

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    You are correct.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.