Another Freymiller Thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Sea0fgreen, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    This is for anyone looking at Freymiller, and have already done their research on company policy, pay scale etc. This is just my inside look from the last 3 months.

I started with em in January. Most of what I'm gonna say is negative, but I put this in the favorites category because almost every carrier sucks anyway. And even as rediculous as they are, I plan to stick with em for a while.

I'll start with my list of gripes.

Regional is a lie. A trap to get you on board. There are no miles in regional and every customer is a nonstop ####show.
    Since January I have not once cleared a 2000 mile week.
    Ive sat waiting on cargill at least 6 hours about 75% of the loads I've ran for them. I've wasted entire days in dodge city waiting on a beef load. So many 250-400 mile loads end up being 14 hour days. Its almost like its by design.
    Detention? You'll have to fight for it, regardless of what they say in orientation.

Load planning is horrendous. Ive gotten loads that are scheduled like, 9pm delivery in Dallas, followed by a 6 am pick the next morning, in dallas. Or 4pm pickup followed by a 6 am delivery, 300 miles away. No parking either location.
    Loads that have entire days worth of padding in the schedule.

Maintenance
    This is the worst of it all. Example, I've had something in the truck freak out, throw a derate code. 3 times I've notified breakdown, barely get in before the 3 hour timer derates my truck. Whats the shop do? Clear the ecm and send it back out.
    3 times in a row. Blew my mind.
    Im staring at a check engine light right now, might as well put a peice of electrical tape over it as try and get it fixed.

A third of the trailers are broken somehow. The company culture and incentive is to pass it down the line if you can.
    I pulled one into denver during a blizzard with no running lights. It kept blowing my fuses, i ran out.. had to make that delivery time tho. Had the option to get it fixed or keep my load out of Denver.

The good points of this company are few but important to me. Which is why I plan to stick around at least a year.

1: They don't mess with me. Everything has been pretty relaxed so far. That goes a long way with me. Other companies have treated me like a dog to be kicked around or a simpleton to be talked down to.
    I had some sudden medical issues right off the jump, they let me do what I needed, with no pressure and they got me back to OKC asap to deal with it.
    2: My dispatcher is the best I've had in my career so far. Always friendly, and I think he is doing the best he can despite the dregs he has to work with from load planning.
    3: Regional. I hate cali, I hate Chicago, and I hate the entire east coast. Being in regional, I don't have to go to any of em.

That's it. I can't speak on how they do hometime because I haven't taken any yet.

They are aggravating, and it seems like they wanna be just another soulless mega. Their definitely on that path, but not quite there yet.

If they'd work on maintenance, and more regular miles for regional, I'd probably retire here.

Maybe I'll give another update in Q3. Maybe they'll have pissed me off one too many times and I'll have jumped ship to jb or someone

Hopefully this rambling was helpful to someone eyeing Freymiller, it was at least cathartic for me.

Tadakatsu, Lonesome and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Why do you do regional? Do you have a choice?

4. Sea0fgreen

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    Yes I have a choice. The reason being a bunch of cities and states I'd rather not go to.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Danny Herman Trucking doesn't do Northeast.

nredfor88 and Sea0fgreen Thank this.
  6. Sea0fgreen

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    Thanks for the tip. Im not ready to jump ship just yet, but its nice to have alts.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your domicile. When I did tankers, rarely had to deal with city deliveries.. Sometimes, but not often.
    Danny Herman usually stays below I-40, but does have customers in other areas. Dry van is easy.
    [​IMG]

Tadakatsu and Sea0fgreen Thank this.
  8. Sea0fgreen

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    I'm living out of the truck. No home address.
    Technically I live in OKC
    I would like to try tanker but I don't wanna do hazmat. I figure thats like wanting to do flatbed without tarping.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    With you living in a truck there's many things you can do in this industry. If you don't like reefer don't worry you'll be able to do something worth it

Sea0fgreen Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do 12 mos. with Freymiller, then look at Fort Transfer.
    Hazmat is no big deal. I hauled glue for microwave popcorn bags, which required hazmat placards. You can do real good financially and retire early with hazmat tankers.
    ~
    Fort Transfer | The Driving Force for a Safer Environment
    forttransfer.com

Tadakatsu, RubyEagle and Sea0fgreen Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hazmat endorsement is no problem. Can be an ex-con and get hazmat endorsement.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.