Any Mercer VAN drivers out there?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by saab1985, Feb 8, 2014.

1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I heard that same thing last night. Celadon guy with a x quality truck telling folks Celadon had bought mercer. I had to explain the situation , they apparently think Celadon owns all the companies that quality allows the trucks to go to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavy Handed

Heavy Handed Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Thank you for this thread. It's been very helpful. I've been dry van, tanker, and now looking to transition once again. I'm tired of getting slammed around by a smooth bore tank for $1.80/mile or less

Loke Thanks this.
  4. truckerdo

truckerdo Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    Are dry van rates coming back up at all? I am really taking a serious look Mercer. They seem like a great company from all the threads I have read. It looks like going there for flatbed might be a more reasonable plan even with no fb experience.?. Anyone willing to say what their $/mi average is on the van side? I understand their are alot of variables, but it would be nice have a little bit of an idea what a guy could expect once he figured out the lanes a little bit. Thanks much.

5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Get a flat. It's a much easier learning curve. Rates suck no matter what trailer you got in this economy. Cost a bit more at first cause you got to buy all your equipment, but after that it's hardly any money out of pocket. A grand for a good tarp set every 8 years or so. And a hundred bucks a year to replace worn straps. The chains and binders will last longer than you do. I've had the same chains since the 90s.

Rex012 and MarkH83 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.