Any TRUE lease purchase programs?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Poor Boys Wife, Jun 20, 2016.

1. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    No, it will be more expensive than the company drivers pay because by law the company can not pay for any portion of the premium. You aren't an employee. So no discount.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    I agree and been here 6 months after that disaster eagle logistics ....think I'll start a new thread on my experience here.....so much easier

4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    The monkey man returneth ... glad to hear you're doing good.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  5. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Sorry I had to get away from posting on ttr for awhile,lol....I've been reading not ready to post yet....update soon....with pay stubs...coz I'm not about bsing anyone about lease purchase programs

6. Shawnsooner

Shawnsooner Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2015
    The sandbox
    A lot of them don't know what there doing either. I've leased two truck from them never had issues, also depends on where u lease on too. Don't, don't lease onto Celadon,Eagle logistics.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  7. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    First thing you have to understand is that you are buying absolutely nothing. You have no rights to the truck. If you get sour grapes with the company.....you cant take the truck with you. Why.....cause it is not yours!!! It was never yours to begin with. Take my advise and work for a good company....learn about how to run a business, learn about trucking.....DO THE HARD WORK....as Kevin Rutherford would say. Sucess takes time. There is no magical get rich own your business scheme.

I could go on for 10 more pages to list the reasons why LP is such a bad decision.

First lesson. See how many companies will send you a copy of their lease and lease purchase agreement with out you putting in an application so you can review it. The answer is NO ONE WILL. Cause they don't want you reading it or having OOIDA or some other educated Trucking organization telling you what's in it.

Please do the hard work first. You will be glad you did.

TheFriscoKid and Western flyer Thank this.
  8. SteeringWheelHolder411

SteeringWheelHolder411 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    How are you liking jb hunt

9. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Not on the l/p yet. Hate the dcs account I'm on but like jb from the company drivers side though

10. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    Some L/O programs are better than others, probably none are great. I'm with a company out of Sapulpa Ok. and am happy. I honestly net (settlement net) between 1100-1400$ each week. Of course from that I deduct 20 percent for taxes. I run 3200 -3400 miles per week on average. That is more than most there, but it's how I like to run. I will do whatever is necessary to be successful. If you look at cpm I'm making you'll see it's not great but my take home is decent. Truth be told, I make more than 90 percent of company drivers. When you factor in that I'm paying for a brand new truck, I feel that I'm doing pretty good. You may not as we may have different goals. Many people spout off about things that they have only read about, (written by those who have failed), and should never be taken seriously on this issue. Others have failed miserably and will post their opinions. The former should shut up and the latter taken with a grain of salt.
    Some L/P programs are so bad no one can succeed. Some will only work if you are smart and can learn to run a business. Everyone thinks they can run a business but most can not. The reason most fail to make transition from co driver to l/o or o/o is because of co driver mentality. Most fail to realize that miles driven per day/week is not necessarily biggest impact on bottom line.
    I do not recommend a l/o program to other drivers as most will fail.

There are those out there doing well on l/P programs and actually own there trucks after a few years. It is my goal to do same.
    I suppose I could give it up and become a co driver making less money most likely. Of course there would be no chance of owning truck, but I could go to places like this to tell all l/P drivers how stupid they are while I take home less money.
    Just my opinion.

11. pearcetrucking

pearcetrucking Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Gainesville, FL 48states
    Where are you located?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.