Anyone complete training recently?

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by ExOTR, Jul 9, 2017.

1. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Any recent graduates go through the USA training program that want to share details?
    Also, some other posts state they pay practical miles, but I can't see that anywhere in their website...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bossman027

Bossman027 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2016
    They don't pay practical miles. They pay PC Miler short route. It's between accurate to about 10-15% off depending on run. Inverters and APU's in all trucks. 65 mph. XM radio in all trucks. And a milage bonus monthly. 9000 miles is .02 cpm all miles, 10000 miles is .03 cpm and 11000 and over is .05 cpm on all miles.

ExOTR Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is no such thing as practical. If Denver to Dallas is paying around 800 miles to your paycheck, be aware it's almost 1000 on the ground to do it (24 hours driving time including bunk time off.)

5. Bossman027

Bossman027 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2016
    The load I'm on now is 909 paid and it's 942 actual.

ExOTR and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Wesley C.

Wesley C. Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2017
    I'll be in Van Buren on Monday to start orientation

ExOTR Thanks this.
  7. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Cool! Keep us posted about your journey!

8. Wesley C.

Wesley C. Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Just arrived today, see how the first day goes tomorrow. They have e 4 trucks parked in the lot next to the hotel I'm at now.

ExOTR and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  9. Wesley C.

Wesley C. Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2017
    First day is Physical, urine drug test and filling out the normal paper work, second day is going over the Smith System and videos, Third day is more paper work and hand out company badges if you pass your physical and drug test. Also drive a van to point out what all the Smith system is about. Also do a road trip to see how your driving skills are and backing. Fourth day is a wrap up of everything and get assigned your trainer. I had to wait till Sunday to get picked up by my trainer. Some others went right out with theirs. They are really nice people here and seem to be about safety big time. Goodluck and ask me any other questions if needed. Don't do drugs and listen in class and don't do dumb things and you should be fine.

ExOTR Thanks this.
  10. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    What is their advanced student training like? Reason I ask is because I talked to a guy yesterday who has been out of a truck for a couple years and was concerned about shifting. They told him he would get a road test to see how good he does. If he does good he will be assigned a truck after orientation. If not he will be assigned a trainer as an advanced student.

11. hman33

hman33 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Chillicothe,Ohio
    Any updates Wesley C? Usa is another company on my short list for training after I get my cdl.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.