Anyone doing C1/Indy March 4?

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by ezmed, Feb 23, 2013.

1. ezmed

ezmed Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    crappy trailers are killing me every day even if i do get fixed pay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ezmed

ezmed Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    I was down in southern Missouri today with a live unload and a USA newbie drove up in an old KW - his first day running solo. He had to do a blind-side and a shipping supervisor was directing him in that uncomfortable situation. Once the supervisor got behind the trailer, I stepped up and coached him in. This kid had a telephone...... no food, gps, money...... no nothing. He asked to see my Fuel Options book. I was told USA no longer hands them out. I gave him the one I had. The kid smiled ear to ear. He thanked me and shook my hand.

What is up with that? No fuel book? He is going to be running dry relying on varible lined analysis handed out on Qualcom as his only fuel source. This ain't right.

On a brighter note.... I should have over 3100 miles this week. (m - m) Busy as a beaver

4. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    If he buys a rm gps at the company store they will load them into the gps as personal poi's. But he will need the money first.

Sometimes I think I was lucky. A friend gave me his old microwave and electric cooler. I had money saved so a gps and atlas was no problem. Used my lap top and dvds for down time.

Sent from somewhere out there

5. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Company store is permanetly closed. They say you can still order online but I haven't been sucessusful at getting the site to open up.

6. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    I'm glad I got my coffee cups. I will frame the shirts I have.

7. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    I just got on the company store online,did not see any GPS on there

8. themoj0

themoj0 Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    well that makes a decision really easy hahah

9. themoj0

themoj0 Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    the RM 510's are cheaper at the truck stops anyway. some pilots and flying J's have em for 199.99

10. ezmed

ezmed Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    If you are patient, you can get A RM720 delivered from Ebay for $320 or less. I got mine for $300.

I use my laptop for online surfing and listening to music. I went all out on the sound card and ear buds. I can sit and listen for days. Over 8gb on the hard drive. Fanatic.

11. ezmed

ezmed Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    btw..... While in the HOS class at Vandalia they also told us the tractors are going to be governed back to 62mph from 63mph.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.