anyone else w/ exhaust problems w/ knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by whitedove, Feb 18, 2010.

1. whitedove

whitedove Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2009
    prescott valley, az
    this is my fist time, hope it comes across, my husband is the driver, 10yrs almost. england, crete then knight, quit to awesome company but laid off concert tours cancelled after katrina so back to knight. I know times are rough and you can't demand companies to hire companies, BUT ever since the EPA changed the emission thing, don't want to pollute the world, my hubby is getting polluted, not with booze either, constant exhaust leaks, it he has put the trucks in the shop 10 times they say no leak, but then we get to next terminal so bad sick they find the problem. I mean blowed head thing, mainifold, once they replaced at volvo the turbo charger 5 minutes afte they painted it bright orange, sick big time from fumes. this week boss at PHX terminal chewed him out, "i get you another truck you gonna run it Charles, they never even checked the truck, job threatened. my hubby has been so miserable, but no education and the economy you jusst don't up and quit what the heck is the answer. surely there are drivers out there with exhaust leaks. I swear he dies, I will own Knight. it is dumb to demand driver s to doooooo, and not supply your needs,i am sure i am not the only wife concerned about their man. i lived on the road 2000-2004 with him not the first leak now it is constant, we sent it to volvo in slc, ut, casue shop couldn't find leak, volvo found it but not under warranty, sent it back shop had to call volvo ask where is leak, who is the big shot to complain to. ecomony is one thing, last 4 weeks use to be $2000 roughly, this month $621. Glad God is our source, but owners need to care for the drivers who put them in their homes and income bracket. God take care of ya'll thanks for any help or input Whitedove:smt057 i love my hubby, want him around for awhile

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Is this a recent (2009-2010) Volvo problem? I drove a different Volvo every week (Express driver) out of Phx for many years, both brand new and older ones, and never had this problem. I always drove with 'fresh air' coming in (not recycled). Only came across 1 driver who almost 'suffocated' in his truck (Volvo??), but it was his newly installed bunk heater exhausting "in' his truck! Poor guy was almost delirious when I discovered him at a truck stop trying to keep warm his 1st time out with Knight...:biggrin_25513:

4. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    i think i know what truck number that is. it's been in and out of the shop numerous times for the exhaust leak. hell, it went by me at the phoenix yard some weeks back and i could smell the fumes at ground level! i don't want to imagine what it's like inside of the cab.

tell your hubby to document it, go see a doctor, and take it from there. if he's got health issues because of it, start sniffing out that mormon money by way of a lawyer. :biggrin_255: let him refuse to drive the rolling death machine. if they fire him because of it, take it up with a lawyer.

kevin knight needs to figure out what it's like having one's money taken by force. the fairview, oregon shop may actually fix the problem, though. the rest of the company's shops aren't worth a ####. having your hubby call dustin erickson won't do any good, because he's bound by the dollar. having your hubby also call so-cal division's safety guy, by the initials of j.r. won't do him any good, either. he's also bound by the dollar, and he's an a-hole, too. he preaches a LOT and doesn't practice a single thing. with him, arizona division safety, and corportate safety, it's do as i say, not as i do!

5. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    If you hit Tulare and talk to Daniel, he might be able to get stuff done. He seems to be one of the few guys that knows his stuff.

6. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    oh yeah, forgot about tulare. the short mexican guy with the prison tattoos doing the inspection lane deal will most likely red tag the truck for the leaky exhaust. he doesn't miss a thing with the inbound inspections!

7. Shadow Captain

Shadow Captain Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Denver,CO
    I had same problem with '08 Volvo # Red Swift: SLC, Dallas, Katy terminals could never find leak ,even though it left a skid mark up the pass door into the cab. It was really bad when the DPF was in regen. Turned out to be the (corragated) flex pipe B4 the DPF. It wasn't the fact that the terminals couldn't find the leak that bothered me, it was their attitude that I was a slacker and didn't want to work so I was making the leak up. The cummins shop in SLC found it and said it was a common prob, and that it was a Volvo issue not theirs.

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
  9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I guess I should clarify something, not like it matters it's just Knight.

Out of the 16 fatalities you have to figure some were drivers that wrecked all by their lonesome, others were motorists that rearended or failed to yeild.

10. whitedove

whitedove Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2009
    prescott valley, az
    i can't begin to thank ya'll.. I just read the notes to my honey, esp "slacker" that is just what they said to him. Spiritwind hubby's Indain name, works like a dog, integrity, and a cpmpany man, well until he realized the com[any don't appreciate it. It is really sad that they are that way. his truck was 102389, then they gave him another truck a few weeks ago, but it was worse, he complained again jm and dustin coped an attitude, but guess what, Fri growled at hm and said I am going to give you a new truck, yoiu going to run miles?? spiritwind said if it don't stink and make me sick you better give me miles so I can run He got a brand new 2010, 23 miles on it and just now heading to lick up a load and head to TX. we prayed over the truck, God's annointing over it and devine favor in the eyes of Knight whether they like it or not, so lets see how this plays out. We pray over the company for the dirvers sake. we are tithers, God will give him favor, so he gets yelled at then a brand new truck Hope fully they put it together right. it is a volvo. back when i was on the truck 2000-2004 not the first leak. so i is headed to bed , thanks for in put will keep the names and shop you mentioned though just in case, God bless and drive safe. only smell tonight was new plastic, he was going to keep it on to keep it clean but i told him rip off the plastic to air out, love ya'll be sweet Whitedove and thanks again

11. whitedove

whitedove Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2009
    prescott valley, az
    oh , you mentioned the regen, he had never had one of them, we got the truck in Sept 09 after coming from fl. so we get in. load to oh what is that place,,,,, not Globe, picked up copper, about 3 hrs from phx eastward any way, by the time we got there, i was hot, figured well we are back in AZ and it's Sept 1, stopped put on lights turned to get up off passenger seat, he asked what is wrong with your legs, both legs from the shoe up(no socks) burnt, half way up my calves. both legs, the regen WHAT idiot put a regen under your flippen seat, took 2 weeks for the burns to go away, i got a thermometer at the store, put it between me and the door, 110 degrees, excuse me, are they crazzzzzy. I mean what is happening to folks nowadays, When Gkod passed out brains, they thought HE said trains and went off their tracksssssssssssss. Love ya Whitedove

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.