Anyone use the Driver Pulse app?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Md420, Jun 15, 2016.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Here's Facebook being caught lying about tracking users, even when their app isn't running...Facebook: Remember how we promised we weren’t tracking your location? Psych! Can't believe you fell for that

Analysis Facebook has been caught bending the truth again – only this time it has been forced to out itself.

For years the antisocial media giant has claimed it doesn’t track your location, insisting to suspicious reporters and privacy advocates that its addicts “have full control over their data,” and that it does not gather or sell that data unless those users agree to it.

No one believed it. So, when it (and Google) were hit with lawsuits trying to get to the bottom of the issue, Facebook followed its well-worn path to avoiding scrutiny: it changed its settings and pushed out carefully worded explanations that sounded an awful lot like it wasn’t tracking you anymore. But it was. Because location data is valuable.

Then, late on Monday, Facebook emitted a blog post in which it kindly offered to help users “understand updates” to their “device’s location settings.”
    It begins: “Facebook is better with location. It powers features like check-ins and makes planning events easier. It helps improve ads and keep you and the Facebook community safe. Features like Find Wi-Fi and Nearby Friends use precise location even when you’re not using the app to make sure that alerts and tools are accurate and personalized for you.”

You may have missed the critical part amid the glowing testimony so we’ll repeat it: “... use precise location even when you’re not using the app…”

Huh, fancy that. It sounds an awful lot like tracking. After all, why would you want Facebook to know your precise location at all times, even when you’re not using its app? And didn’t Facebook promise it wasn’t doing that?​

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    I understand what you are saying but you cannot prove that is happening. It is anecdotal information. If you could prove they violate the EULA, they would first be off the Apple Store, followed by civil actions that would cost more for the attorney's to open and answer then they would make by snitching out a few employees looking to leave.

In the iOS version the privacy notice clearly states their Information Sharing policy.

"Information Sharing
    We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.

We may also disclose your personal information:

• as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
    • when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
    • if Tenstreet LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
    • to any other third party with your prior consent to do so."

4. speedyk

Apr 8, 2015
    Please explain how you get job offers via the app without them sharing your info.

Also, why do they need your location, to read through your contacts and photos, and look through the accounts on your device so that you can apply for a job with a web-based app?

Just because they tell you they're going to loot your phone for information doesn't make it right to do so or agree to such.

As far as Apple policing their store, it is likely that the "terms" are compliant. As seen above, Facebook offered compliant terms, lied about the reality of their reach, and are still on the store. They are being sued, but tenstreet appears to think that truckers are technically clueless like Facebook users are and won't know better.

I disagree, or I wouldn't bother posting about it.

I wrote tenstreet and asked for clarification about some of their policies and security, got no reply. That is contempt in my view. It means I am the product to be sold.

Mooooo

I posted about their "features" for employers, they were removed from view on their website.

I also wrote a competitor with the same questions and concerns, they engaged with concrete answers, and followed up when I had further questions.

Because of that interaction I used their application.

Which one do you want to deal with and entrust your personal information (which could be used to steal your identity) to, the furtive one or the upfront one?

I'm not telling you what to do, go right ahead and use the app.

5. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    I’m happy with the app. I was able to communicate with several recruiters through it and monitor the status of my applications. The recruiters obviously cannot see my interactions with other companies. This is clear because, I accepted an offer from one company and still have several others that are in various stages of the process.

The good thing is the app is optional.

6. speedyk

Apr 8, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.