Anyone work for NDCP(dunking donuts)?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by jgarciajr40, Apr 22, 2018.

1. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Looks like there's a few positions for dunking donuts the description sounds like a food service job pays 25/hr OT after 40.

Thursday, Sunday, and Monday off. Work 12-14 hr days

Sounds too good to be true...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    Sounds about right to me I work for us foods and the pay is comparable and I get Friday Saturday Sunday off but you have to go into it understanding that food service ain't no joke lol

4. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    You must have some years in to get those days off. I was there for 10 years never got three days in a row off.

5. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    It's not too good to be true. Dont work for them and never have but you'll be delivering in the middle of the night in really tight shopping centers and I'm sure they get heavy flour bags so it's no cake walk.

Bean Jr. and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    4 years is all I got in but I work at a small depot that only has 18 drivers and I'm the only guy off on Friday so I work all 5 days all summer long

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well actually driver, if he has to carry flour and cake mixes(and HE WILL), technically....it IS a cake walk...lol

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i do not know where you live, but i can say this....why are there a "few positions open"?

like anyplace else, if it's good to work there, no one leaves.

D/D highly reminds me of CVS.

they "go thru" drivers as fast as you change your underwear....(and hopefully) that is at least once a day.

the general plan of CVS, is you take ONE trailer out for deliveries, and pray to God, you can find each stops freight as it is scattered all over the trailer.

when you finish that ONE trailer and return......you MUST take out another trailer.....

i cannot swear to it, but i was told a "few years ago" D/D is the same way..(more than one trailer a day for you..

i hope i am wrong about that.

then as the other poster said....YOU WILL BE IN some incredible tight places and also too, you may be all alone or with a helper.

9. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Bunch of guys in my yard took the bait. 4-5 of them came back, most of the others ended up going elsewhere. There might be 1-2 still there, but I can’t confirm that.

Biggest complaints where too much work (and I work in one of the most physically demanding fields), having to sleep out on the road (advertised as home daily), and tough driving. To be fair, I drive in the northeast, so ALL driving is tough.

That’s all I know about Dunkin (not “Dunking”) donuts. At least in my areas

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  10. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I used to run with a Dunkin Donuts driver back in the day who went by the handle "decaf".

HOWBOUTCHA DECAF? YOU GOT A COPY?

duckdiver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.