Approved Carrier

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by DSK333, Jul 9, 2018.

1. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Any Independents here set up as an Approved Carrier with Mercer? If so, tell me about your experiences with them...thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Cheap, like waaay under market prices. They also won't negotiate. In 3 years moved a load maybe 1-2 times for them, but called multiple times.

whoopNride, Ruthless and DSK333 Thank this.
  4. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I'm leased to them but I've also heard from friends that Mercer's rates suck.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Well, that's disheartening. Thanks for the information though.

whoopNride and RStewart Thank this.
  6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    The thing is they will always try to load a contracted truck before reaching out to brokered trucks. in effect this means most times only the leftovers are available for you guys, so you got guys saying they only have cheap freight.

I suggest you get set up with them, it costs you nothing and allows you to grab one of the good loads when they can't cover it on a contracted truck.

Also ask them how you can qualify as a preferred carrier truck.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  7. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Have done one load for Mercer. If you have ACH set up they pay in 4-6 hours , no fee. The load we did was a little above market rate and was ok. Since then, nothing yet. But if the rate was right we wouldn’t hesitate. They are real cordial people and helpful actually. Said we could come park at the Louisville terminal, buy straps and chains from them, and invited us to lunch. We’ve had their load planners call us a couple of times, but, not really interested in that system, though she has been kind.

Way different from our leased on landstar experience lol

RStewart and DSK333 Thank this.
  8. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    That's exactly what I thought but like you said, it costs me nothing but time. They're going to look out for "their own" trucks first after all. I did get a couple numbers thrown at me for a run or two coming out of Western PA that were much lower than I expected. Because of the previous posts I wasn't shocked. Very nice people though. I'm currently set up as a "Preferred Carrier"

That's one of the reasons I decided to get set up with Mercer in the first place. I'm eager to forge some lasting relationships with some good brokerages. Speaking of Landstar, I'm also using their brokerage capabilities as well. They have the same deal Mercer has with the pay on the fuel card with the discounts. LS has freight in all the right places for me. I'm glad I got set up with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.