Arkansas Ad Valorem Tax

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by whoopNride, Feb 20, 2020.

1. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Does Arkansas still charge this ad valorem tax? I haven't received anything from them in the last three years? I have ran around 1100 - 1200 miles per year in Arkansas.

Anyone else getting the ad valorem tax paperwork from them or did they do away with it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    I haven't gotten one in several years either. I run alot of miles in Arkansas myself.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  4. whoopNride

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    @wichris you still get paper work from Ark on this?

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ad Valorem taxes are calculated based on the vehicle's assessed value. This is determined by multiplying the market value times the corresponding Property Classification. The assessed value is then multiplied by the Millage rate.

Property tax records are managed by the assessor of each Arkansas county. These ad valorem taxes are based according to item value only. Assessment is based on 20% of the true market value for real property and on the usual selling price for personal property

Payment of ad valorem tax is a prerequisite to receiving a tag or renewal decal. Ad valorem taxes are due each year on all vehicles whether they are operational or not, even if the tag or registration renewal is not being applied for

My personal vehicles in Arkansas is assessed by the Revenuer based on vehicle value. At some point a bill is sent about springtime due in October (Fiscal Year)

My old junker Tahoe is valued at about 400, I pay approximately 30 or so in cash to Revenuer each year give or take a few dollars.

Its been that way in every year for the last 24 or so since I came to live in Arkansas on all of my vehicles.

What you do not want is not to pay these property taxes it will become a problem at your County Tax Office Revenuer (Yes we still use that word)

to twist the answer a little bit Arkansas requires sales taxes on vehicles purchased from any source at 4000 dollars and above at a rate of about 10% due when you show up to get tags (With insurance coverage in hand, if vehicle is not paid for and financed by bank, you required to show full coverage until paid off and you get title in hand)

6. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Not to my knowledge - I run plenty of AR and believe me, if they charged it, LS would surely charge it to me. As they do with KS.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I wish they’d stop sending it to Me. I just filed mine, waiting for the bill. It’s definitely still in effect,

x1Heavy and whoopNride Thank this.
  8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I don't think so but i would have to check

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. whoopNride

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Kinda strange how some people are still receiving this and some are not.

I hadn't really thought about it untill I received an email from a service offering to file it for me. For a fee of course.

Rideandrepair and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It could not be easier. Show up at the Revenuer in Searcy, they will help you. Or the Revenuer (DMV) related to motor vehicles where it's most common.

Now if anyone in this state has tears it's going to be the half million Motor Coach owner crying over his tax bill.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  11. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Still get it. Maybe it's only corps now?

whoopNride and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.