arnold orientation

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by lowrider137, Feb 28, 2012.

1. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Glad you like it, your more then welcome to post over in the Abilene thread with us. Welcome aboard!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. act6629

act6629 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Spring, TX
    if you were to make a list of pros and cons, what would you say are the cons?

4. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    Cons: Grand Prairie shop is understaffed, underskilled and incompetent. Most drivers avoid putting the truck into the shop to avoid being laid-over several days. No hotel unless your truck is actually IN ther shop,overnight.
    Load planners burn up your 14 by letting you sit for half the day after emptying out.
    .33 mi is unsat for an experienced driver.

5. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Pros: ha!....

Cons: where do I start..?

6. NSBGearjammer

NSBGearjammer Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    I think the GP shop is fine. I've had a PM done and a quick trailer repair and the guys that do truck wash there are good and fast. The shower rooms were clean, the lounge is nice, and there is a van you can take to the store. I mean, I think if you want to find things to complain about, it's easy, just EXPECT more than is available. That goes for anything in life and you can guarantee quality disappointment and dissatisfaction on a consistent basis. Anyway, BIG NEWS! I started a dedicated account today. 4 state, min. miles and weekends off. I was recommended by both my current and former DMs for high ontime %, time management and POSITIVE ATTITUDE. Yeah, it counts. So, I will be close to 3000 miles this week and am looking forward to watching my son wrestle in his first meet Sat..

Longboardrick and transportHER Thank this.
  7. retired_2009

retired_2009 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Greensboro, NC
    How long have u been with Arnold? ..im heading to Austell to upgrade. .waiting on the bus as we speak. How was the upgrade process? Congratulations on your success

8. NSBGearjammer

NSBGearjammer Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    I upgraded 8 months ago(in tunnel hill when USX had more involvement). I upgraded on an auto Freightliner having never driven one. Written test, backing and road test and even some simulator stuff. Just take your time, ask questions if you don't understand something and you'll do fine. Once you get on your own, remember to scan bills/keep up on your paperwork, do Mac 14 and get in/out times on bills to get detention, have #s for fuel desk and breakdown handy, check your new truck out thoroughly and get any issues resolved before you get the first load and have fun/keep a positive attitude out here. There's alot of other stuff, but just take your time and be safe. The rest will come. I'm still learning new things about this job every day. Good luck.

retired_2009 and Longboardrick Thank this.
  9. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    What exactly do you mean by "when USX had more involvement"? They still have the same amount of involvement. They're still handling the training dpt too. I just dropped my student off their Saturday for upgrade.

10. djskar

djskar Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Orlando,FL
    Im about to start orientation next week if anybody could answer this few questions that will be awesome 1:Does the trucks have power inverters for like my tv and fridge microwave etc.? 2:Are there manual shift? ()really hate autos 3: Even that they offer me a regional position can i stay out as longest i want and if need to go home do i need to put for home time or been that i will be regional i will be eventually going thru my house in orlando FL every certain days? It,s my first regional job im use to be 2 months on the road at times.

11. djskar

djskar Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Orlando,FL
    I think he met that Arnold controls 51% and USX 49% they got 2% control over USX at least thats what i heard.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.