arnold orientation

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by lowrider137, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Bbbykelly

Bbbykelly Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Hi Collector! Living in the Tampa area you do in fact live in their hiring area. There Hometime policy is if you stay out seven days you can take 24 hours off, if you stay out between seven and 14 days you can take 48 hours off. If you want to take more than 48 hours off they only approve that on special circumstances and they do require you to be back in the truck 48 hours from the time that you went on Hometime. You're going to see some negative information about every trucking company but I made decent money with this company between $600 and $900 per week. Obviously if you take your home time and aren't available for a load you're going to be closer to the $600 range. If you stay out for like three weeks at a time you can be guaranteed to run between 2000 and 2500 miles per week. I lived in the Daytona Beach area and Arnold has a lot of freight running to the Lakeland Publix distribution center as well as to the Zephyrhills water warehouse right outside of Tampa. So it would be very easy for you to get a load going home whenever you wanted to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bbbykelly

Bbbykelly Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2012
    One more thing, they'd pay you a bumped the dock bonus of $15 for every time you deliver a load. Since this is a regional company and a lot of the runs are around 500 miles you can expect to pick up a load and deliver just about every day to every other day. So you do spend a lot of time at the dock. You could still get great miles but you can make quite a bit of money from the bump the dock bonus so don't be discouraged if you have a 500 mile run. Plus they will always back you up with a preplan after. And I would say that when they say 70% drop and hook that's right about what I experienced. It's easy freight and they definitely keep you moving.

4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Ya gots ta werk for them referal bucks...........:biggrin_2559:

5. Bbbykelly

Bbbykelly Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I actually don't work for Arnold anymore. I came off the road to deal with some family things. Right now I'm driving a bus for Disney World. But hey if anybody wants to send me some referral money just let me know and I'll gladly take it!

123456 Thanks this.
  6. jdoe2786

jdoe2786 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2014
    Thanks for the info!

7. Mookie34

Mookie34 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2014
    How is arnold treating you do get home when you want how fast the trucks go do they have API on them thinking about joining the team

8. dieseltrooper

dieseltrooper Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
    No apu. You can get trk to idle if its warmer than 71. Gov at 64.5...

9. Mookie34

Mookie34 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2014
    How is the home time

10. dieseltrooper

dieseltrooper Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
    You may get opinions from other drivers,but 48hrs off is company policy max irregardless of how long out. Anytime im in grand prairie during the weekend, i se many of the same drivers hanging out there for the weekend. It seems kinda pathetic. If they live in the metroplex, why would they stay at the yard sleeping in the truck?
    Maybe it's a ethno-cultural thing that I don't understand.
    When I was regional, I was out for 7,home for 2.

11. Aquarius169

Aquarius169 Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2014
    so is arnold a good starter company

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.