arnold orientation

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by lowrider137, Feb 28, 2012.

1. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    heheheh.......
    Is it any wonder the "un-employment" rate is so high?!?
    :biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    What do you mean?

4. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    I've done tons of "hiring" over the years and people will show up dressed
    up like GearJammer sez.......Homeless Grizzly Adams and Gangsta McSaggybritches ! :biggrin_2559:

5. NSBGearjammer

NSBGearjammer Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    Gangsta McSaggybritches and his buddy who will tell you about his two years of experience(6 months at a time with 4 BFIs) whilst talking on his Bluetooth and texting during orientation.

6. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I got ya. I would not hire anybody that did not take some pride in the way they looked. "Pants on the ground" won't cut it for me either :biggrin_25513:

7. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I know the type :biggrin_25523:

8. NSBGearjammer

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    Delivered to San Antonio first thing Mon morning. Then sat at the Flying J waiting to pick up a load of cardboard this morning @ 1am due in Fort Worth @ 7am. First night drive and in the rain and lightning. Made it to the consignee @0530 (tip- learn military time now). 2 trucks ahead of us so we had to wait about an hour or so to get a live unload. Waiting in the terminal in Grand Prairie for our next load. Should be heading east so my trainer can get his hometime Fri. and I should get to spend some time with my family too. About halfway through my 150 BTW hrs. and rollin!

rubberducky68 and tna Thank this.
  9. Plinker

Plinker Light Load Member

May 4, 2012
    Eastern NC
    I enjoyed reading this. I have no intentions of going OTR again but it's nice to read a positive post about someone enjoying their company and training/trainer. Be safe and have fun.

NSBGearjammer Thanks this.
  10. NSBGearjammer

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    Ran a load of groceries up to Food Supply in Oklahoma City and turned a load of dog food back down to Texas. Tomorrow we're headed to Mississippi with some Campbell's soup for Wally. Some of today's highlights were conflicting GPS directions to the shipper(my Android won but I thought a GPS catfight was about to break out between the two female voices)haha. Next, I was coming up to a place where traffic was stopping, loaded, with plenty of room to bring it down. All of a sudden, 5 cars from the other lanes cut in and my braking distance was cut in half(with 44k in the box). I had to bring it down quick. And tonight, I got us into a Pilot that was filling up quickly and was not able to get it in the spot. But a JB Hunt driver(that had tried to recruit us at the Target DC) came over and said there was an easier spot around the curve. I was able to hit that one with one pullup. WHEW
    Hint- get the loyalty cards. I'm drinking free coffee tomorrow!

rubberducky68, tna and DocFrank Thank this.
  11. NSBGearjammer

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    Picked up the load from Campbell's(it was V8 juices not soup, although they had enough in there to live on FOREVER) and made it down to Mississippi last night. Who ever heard of a place charging $50 for unloading on a drop and hook? Anyway, had Pandora rocking all the way down(select ZZ Top and the channel will play the best classic rock road music EVER). Picking up furniture going to GA this morning. We're going to try to make it home tonite(fingers crossed). Haven't seen Momma and the kids in two weeks(except on SKYPE). hint- unlocking the driver seat allows it to slide forward a little when going over bumps and transfers the shock to your legs, not your back.

tna Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.