arnold orientation

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by lowrider137, Feb 28, 2012.

1. NSBGearjammer

NSBGearjammer Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    Tomorrow is the big day! Upgrade test in Tunnel Hill. I hope I can get through it OK and don't forget anything. I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. Wish me good fortune!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NSBGearjammer

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    Completed my upgrade process and I am waiting for my truck assignment. The biggest challenge was doing backing and road test driving an auto truck. Not a fan. But it's done and on to the next. Hopefully, they will get me a load headed towards home and I can get my truck setup and see the family.

123456 and tna Thank this.
  4. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    CONGRATULATIONS! Looks like you're on your way down "the yellow brick road"!
    Why didn't you like taking the test in an "auto"??? Seems like it would be easier!

5. NSBGearjammer

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    It's not. Manuals have a consistent backing speed at idle. Autos don't and it was a distraction. And when you're taking a test that is already stressful, you don't need the added stress. I got through it, but I was not thrilled with my performance.
    Anyway, after a slight delay, I am now spending my first night in my new Pete. It's a 2012 w/ about 60k on the odometer. I got here late and will give it the thorough go over in the AM. Then, I'll be ready first my first load. Hopefully, headed towards FL. More to follow.

DocFrank and tna Thank this.
  6. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Congrats NSB. It's a good feeling to be on your own I bet.

NSBGearjammer Thanks this.
  7. NSBGearjammer

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    First day solo went good. Drove through Atlanta rushhour. Picked up 40k of paint for HD and delivered in Lake Park @ 0045. Got shutdown @ the hook about 2. Still getting used to the new ride. This 587 Pete is pretty nice. Just waiting for a load to get me home now. So far, so good. Decided to do this in Oct, started school at the end of Jan., started with Arnold at the end of April, and delivered my first solo today.

8. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    WOW! Sounds like a good time for you, especially with the 587 PETE!
    Is your new ride auto?

9. NSBGearjammer

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    8 speed with an Cummins ISX. It has a bunk heater, sideview cam, Drivertech 4 w/ navi, xm stereo w/ remote( I don't use XM, I have my smartphone plugged into it and use Pandora) and the AC blows cold. I'm really happy with it and hope it will make me some money. My dispatcher told me to drop my empty in JAX and bobtail home. Enjoying a cold one on the couch. I'll be back out Thurs.. Me and the boy are going to hook up the 29 Black Chrome I bought(on ebay) tomorrow. AND I got a Coleman 12v cooler for an early father's day present.

10. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Most likely a 9 speed.

You don't find many 8 speeds in otr trucks !!

11. NSBGearjammer

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    The highest # on the knob is 8. I are edurcated nuf ta red numbrs. HaHa. Low gear is not normally counted(inc by Eaton).Yes, I took the time to read every owners and operation manual in the glove compartment when I checked my truck out. But OK. Got to go put my new CB in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.