ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    I think they bus you down to Concentra

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Dang. I failed a physical at Concentra one time and went to another place to have it done, and passed.

4. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Can anyone here speak to the issue of Prime not hiring anyone who has a previous termination from a former employer on his/her employment record? I would hate to think that Prime would be that narrow minded. I also think that it might be what the reason was for, but hence why I asked. In my situation, it was simply that the Company was done tired of listening to my concerns over the equipment that I was working with, so they came up with another reason to terminate me. Received unemployment and have moved on. That was almost a year ago though, so there is an unemployment gap there. Thanks for any input.

5. Switcher

Switcher Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    They really do that? I was let go back in summer 2015 because I wasn't strong enough to do a hard manual labor job by myself. I had my eyes on Prime, guess I'll have to call a recruiter tomorrow and get more info.

6. JV_620

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Yeah, I have both read that on here from some senior posters and in person. I actually think that it might just be on a case by case basis but if they are that rigid on not hiring potential candidates for previous terminations on their employment record then it definitely would make me have to reevaluate them, which is rather unfortunate because other than that, they seem like a good outfit for a bigger company. But again, I am unsure if that is a policy that is set in stone. If you do find out from your recruiter, let us know. :)

Switcher Thanks this.
  7. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    You have to look at it this way, Prime and a few others pay better than Swift, CRE, and many others, and have APU's, and what some call better equipment. They have a flood of applicants and can be more selective, so you hire someone with a clean record, steady work history, or someone who was terminated (The termination may or may not have been just, but it is what it is). While it may not be what folks want to hear, that is reality. I was told Prime gets over 1,000 applicants a week, and will hire 100 of them, that means 900 will have to look elsewhere.

Switcher and redoctober83 Thank this.
  8. Switcher

Switcher Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    I spoke with a recruiter, they want no terminations within the last 6 months, and to see that you've been working since then. They also look at each case individually.

skellr Thanks this.
  9. JV_620

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Thanks for the information Switcher. I'll be one of the 900 who will have to be looking elsewhere I guess. No worries.

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Calling a recruiter was a good idea, plus ,things do change.

rock hopper Thanks this.
  11. Dsparil

Dsparil Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2017
    They run automatic or ten speed?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.