ATS Flatbed non O.D.

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by SnoFox, Jun 30, 2009.

1. meat999

meat999 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Det, MI
    ok so since im going in green-- i guess i will be a class 4. is it easy to move up in classifications? i will be on that bus at the end of the week. (cant wait)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seawind

seawind Medium Load Member

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    ATS is a bad place to be now. Many of the drivers are quitting faster than they can con someone into driving their tractors.

Also, ATS accepts a lot of over-width and over-height loads. These loads have lots of restrictions on them. We sit a lot. Over-length and over-weight can typically roll down the road.

ATS does not do much over-weight or over-length loads. Every OD load I have ever had here at ATS is: over-width.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Seawind, Yes they do weight and length as well. That is what the heavy haul side is for.
    I know you are not happy with them by following your recent posts.
    But please be truthfull with what they do and do not do.
    I was with them for 10 years.
    Yes they do heavy loads. That is for the class 1a class 1 and class 2 drivers do..

5. seawind

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    I am 100% truthful. The driver is talking about lower pay categories, like I was. Everybody knows heavy haul does over length and over weight. Duh. That's why they're called "Heavy Haul."

Please think before you type.

6. glowstickz

glowstickz Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Duncan Falls, OH
    Well heres my $.02. I have been with anderson a for a little over 2 months now and have been doing well. I am in a 2013 Pete 386 at $472/week. I have not seen one OD load offer yet but not to concerned about that. I have made good money every week except 2. Week 1 and this week. Week one was do to the fact it was orientation. This week was do to stupidity on my part. Anderson leaves a little to be desired in the trailer department but they are working on replacing them. I drove for Roehl as a lease operator for a year prior to this and as a company driver for them for 2 years prior to that. If i had it to do over i would have came here for my first lease instead of Roehl. The money is better and they treat you more like a business owner than a glorified company driver. I dont know what is going on in your world seawind but i hope you and ATS can work it out cuz from what i have seen so far i dont have to big of complaints.

7. seawind

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    All is great!!! I am with a new company and doing better than I ever have before. I know you are still on your honeymoon with ATS, but the real truth will not elude you for too much longer if you talk with other drivers before they leave. Unlike many drivers, I will stand up for myself and tell what is going on there, most won't take the time.

I do wish you the best, however. ATS is desperate for drivers to retain their freight base. You should get plenty of decent load offers for customers they are trying to keep. If any of the loads you get suddenly have more money on them, it will be because they skimmed less than the usual 35% of the top for themselves.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.