Attention USA Drivers!

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Reycer, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Reycer

Reycer Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    If you are one of the people that keep leaving crap trailers around thinking the next person will fix it and you don't have to, guess again. Last night I picked up the last trailer I'm gonna in that condition. I called safety and was quite perturbed. I won't say where I picked it up at, but it was Pre-Loaded. When I hooked up to it and started my pre-trip on it, I immediately noticed 2 tires off the rim. I glanced up at the lights and all but one light on the top was out. Some even broken out. There were several (and I do mean several) rivets missing from the floor deck. The AVIR expired A YEAR AGO IN APRIL!! (yeah how did numerous drivers miss that one). I might mention it was also pouring rain. I had to take the trailer down the road to the shop for repairs which took quite a while to do. When I finally get on the interstate I receive a CB Call from the guy behind me that I also had a brake light out. Listen folks, if the trailer has a problem take it and get it fixed, it took a lot of money from my pocket to sit and wait on those repairs to be done. I didn't appreciate being left that and neither did my FM, not to mention the safety girl that I talked to. I told the safety girl from now on if I get to a lot and find a trailer in that shape, I am absolutely refusing to pull it anywhere, they can either send someone there to fix it and/or reload the shipment into another trailer. Someone will surely be getting a phone call on this trailer (and they should).

My point is, quit pawning your problems off onto someone else. This was CSA week, if I had been DOT'd with that Trailer, I can assure you I would have found out who left that and you would be getting a phone call from me with an ear full. :biggrin_25510:

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I don't blame you.Why should you have to take someone elses crap because he did'nt feel like sitting hrs for it to get fixed.Hope your company gave you some kind of compensation.I wonder if safety or your dispatcher even talked to the guy that had this trl.I doubt it,they like to act concerned but really just shrug it off.

EZX1100 Thanks this.
  4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    inspection a year past expiration id be talking to higher ups company needs to get it together not just drivers

pattyj Thanks this.
  5. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    Here is what I think happened...there was no MTs only one but was out of service he took the tag off and dropped it to get his load and book it. It was me.

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

why do you pull an out of service tag on any piece of equipment??
    They are tagged for a reason.
    This can and will cause wrecks and even deaths..
    Good way to be fired in my book for doing that, plus any person up the food chain telling you to do it..

7. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Welcome to mega company's lol...

8. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    Shoot. I have had people tell me the trailer I had was theirs. I have had it for hours. You bring it in to a terminal. You go to sleep. You wake up with someone beating on your door. They say "You have my empty". I just say "Oh really". "My tractor is under it". That's the end of that conversation. Lazy SOB didn't want to go find their own.

9. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    But your own trailer, problem solved!!

10. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    This has been a problem at USA Truck for as far as I can remember and it's not going to go away any time soon so there's no point in crying about it. I carry spare parts and do most repairs myself. You can't realistically blame a driver for dropping a trailer with problems when USA dosnt want to pay for break downs. I repair them myself and when I'm finished with the trailer I take my parts back off of it and leave it how I found it. LOL, the driver that dropped the screwed up trailer probably doesn't work here any more anyway.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  11. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    Yea, I always had a sack of light bulbs, and glad hand seals, Electrical tape. I also had a few tools to fix mud flaps and such. It does come in handy. We only have so much time to go pick up a load. You can't spend way to much time on it. You might be late to receiver. I think it was NIKE over by Spartanburg. They have several trailers over there. They have great big holes in them. Nobody will pick them. USA won't send anybody to take them to be fixed. You can't take them to a receiver. So there they sit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.