Automatics what's your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by purpleprime, Oct 21, 2015.

1. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    So if you haven't heard prime is now ordering only automatics this was just hearsay to me at first but I asked the leasing office while at the yard the past few days and they confirmed it so within about 5 years prime will be an all automatic company !!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
  4. FinkPloyd

FinkPloyd Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2015
    How many Automatic Threads are we going to have in a week long period?
    Drive what makes ya happy and puts money in your pocket.. and leave it at that.
    Otherwise This is just going to evolve into the same crap the Last Automatic thread did..

Dye Guardian and Tall Mike Thank this.
  5. purpleprime

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    This was more of thought about prime switching to an automatic company from an all manual company

6. purpleprime

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    And for some reason my phone double posted the thread if the administration could delete the other that would be nice lol

7. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Lot of companies switching to auto. Im surprise prime wasn't the first one with their 58mph truck

KB3MMX and lots of character Thank this.
  8. FinkPloyd

FinkPloyd Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2015

With all those Gizmos and gadgetry for monitoring fuel consumption and all other aspects of the truck.. I cannot imagine why a company wouldn't want to go this route..
    My manual bias aside, I really think its awesome where they have come. However there is just too much electronic stuff on it for me personally. Take all that fuel monitoring and engine control mess off and give me just the paddle shift and creep mode.. that's an autoshift id enjoy driving.

Does anyone know off hand what autoshift Prime is going to be using?
    Will it be neutered to just drive and reverse or will they allow the manual shift feature?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    KB3MMX Thanks this.
  9. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    If they want autos why would they allow manual mode? I personally prefer my shifting instincts and ability.

10. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I don't understand all these wild-eyed, foaming at the mouth truck outfits that worship at the Altar of Fuel Economy. Trip over dollars to save a penny here or there. If that's the No. 1 priority, why not design a truck that will go down the road with the motor turned off? Save lots of money on fuel.

TruckerNerd and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  11. jjoohhnn

jjoohhnn Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2015
    KLLM just ordered all automatics "for better fuel economy". All the big guys are headed that way it looks like

lots of character Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.