Averitt Express

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by RampRat, May 17, 2022.

1. RampRat

RampRat Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Dallas,Texas
    Any Averitt Express drivers on here especially for the Dallas/Fort Worth, Tx area? Would like to ask some questions.

Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

There is also an Averitt section at this link Averitt

I worked for Avrt for 18 years on Nissan Dedicated south of Nashville. I liked the company, the benefits, and management. I don't know anything about the company operations near DFW. Good luck

4. RampRat

RampRat Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Dallas,Texas
    Thank you for the link! At first I had a hard time finding it, it's well hidden.

5. hoosier volunteer

hoosier volunteer Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Ringgold Ga
    I’m an Averitt city/drayage driver out of the Tn/Ga area and will try to answer anything that I can.

6. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Former averitt driver here used to work out of houston, if I can help ya with any questions don't hesitate.

7. Kolorado

Kolorado Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
    I was thinking about going to Averitt out of grand prairie.
    For there regional kinda had some questions also.
    Mainly because of all there terminal locations for overnight parking

8. Texas_hwy_287

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @Kolorado averitt is a good company having worked as a regional and ltl driver here is what I saw when I worked there.

On the Regional side management does try their best to accommodate drivers and also listen to drivers concerns. Granted is not perfect but they do strive to retain drivers.

Also having terminals on the southeast along with Chicago and indy do come handy as you won't be fighting at the truck stop for parking.

Pay has increased from when I started to now, I could be wrong but regional starts around or close to 55 cents per mile.

As far as freight is consistent to a certain extent but you might have to sit one day and that's not very often when it happens.

Besides truckload averitt also has a otl division which is a gig where you get assigned to an artist and you be hauling equipment for concerts.

Flatbed I don't know much about it but it's only in certain locations.

Dedicated such as cracker barrel, handy hardware Leslie pools and I think dsw shoes are also available.

Either way averitt is a good gig.

9. Kolorado

Kolorado Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
    Are most regional loads picked up at yard preloaded then live unload? load then head back to main hub(GrandrPairie)?
    On avg are most loads 1 stop on regional? And do you fuel at terminals ??

10. Texas_hwy_287

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Not necessarily unless a relay is available at your home terminal. The way it was structure for me I would either go to Pasadena or Baytown to get live loaded then drive east as far as Chattanooga drop relay and make my way back to Houston.

Sometimes I either stop in memphis and bring back a ltl load to Houston or get loaded at Crossville, TN and pick up a load of cookies.

Fuel stations are avaliable thru the system unless it's a small terminal such as mobile and if I'm not mistaken montgomery, sometimes fuel pumps shut down on the weekends such as the meridian terminal. If that's the case you can call central and request fuel at the truck stop.

Most load are 1 stoppers unless you pick up a petco load, those are multiple stops.

11. hoosier volunteer

hoosier volunteer Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Ringgold Ga
    The regional position is customer to customer, not picking up at Averitt facilities unless the trailer was dropped as a relay. All loads are now no touch loads and most are single stop loads, if multiple stops I believe stop pay is around $100 per stop. Averitt prefers that drivers fuel at service centers but drivers do have an efs card for fuel purchases as needed. Many service centers have showers, laundry machines, exercise equipment and lounges for the drivers.
    Hope this helps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.