AVOID WB-i70 for the next 10-15 hours

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by johnwayne187, Jul 18, 2017.

1. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I was really shook up about it last nite. I'm finally calming down.

Bud A., tinytim, tucker and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    Turn the phones off? Turn the cb back on and lets truck the right way! I see truckers looking at there face books while driving.

drvrtech77 and allniter Thank this.
  4. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I was there and my head is all messed up now..
    I run through there twice a week..About a month or so ago there was another on the east bound side..three people in a car were incinerated...and dth distracted truck driver paid with his own life.

Every week now it seems that I come across fatal accidents..

tinytim, tucker and kimbosa Thank this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I feel for you two, I would hate to have to deal with that.

48Packard and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Tuck Tuck. I'm alive and wasn't involved in the accident. I'm fine. I don't know how paramedics and fireman do it. I didn't feel like a tuff guy afterwords.

The family I feel bad for. The mom I feel badly for. I pray for her to have strength.

48Packard, Bud A., tinytim and 2 others Thank this.
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    As far as I'm concerned, the deaths of probably in excess of 12 people just in the last 18 months is on the head of the state and the contractor they hired to do that work on I-70 near Terre Haute.

How long have they been working on that little stretch of road? 5+ years? How pathetic. Obviously a lot of corruption involved with that project that should have been completed many years ago.

rank, IluvCATS, Bud A. and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Indiana used to have great roads until that scumbag Daniels signed the toll road off to some "investment group". To be honest, I've seen all the major interstate and state highways steadily going to hell since this "privatization" took over the states' road repair programs. We have to shell out more money in highway taxes and tolls and these agencies pass the buck to contractors for doing shoddy work just so they can suck up more contract money re-doing it. And there's the state officials(Oregon is a great example)who siphon of that fuel tax cash for themselves or (with New York for example) it gets shelved into the general fund for the trough hogs in the state legislature to plunder all they wish.

IluvCATS, drvrtech77, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    No argument there. When the toll road was sold back in 2006,the revenue generated was supposed to help rehabilitate the roads. Fast forward 10 years later, the toll road is still in piss poor shape (being repaired in "patches", and the toll road lost money because the consortium that bought the road increased the rates almost overnight, making drivers take alternate routes or back roads between Ohio and Illinois. Why take the Toll Road when you can take US 20 and/or US 30 or I-94 for free?

HalpinUout, drvrtech77, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  10. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Apparently this poor family lives 5 minutes from me. Saw this article while checking on a local highway shutdown. Good to hear the mother and surviving child are gonna make it but what a terrible situation. Hope the driver is charged with murder or at least aggravated vehicular homicide and gets the max smh...

O’Fallon, Illinois children killed in accident south of Indianapolis

drvrtech77, tinytim and tucker Thank this.
  11. allniter

allniter Medium Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I 10 FL exit 70
    OMG that must hurt you deeply:biggrin_2557:. I hope the Lord took them quickly & it was painless.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.