B&R Cattle is Bad News

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BlueThunderr, Jul 28, 2022.

1. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    There is a Nancy Stewart that runs S&S cattle co. down here in Gilmer, Tx. Wonder if it is the one and same?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    I like that

4. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    A couple of others things...You are required at B&R to download apps or to log into websites of customers so they can track you...Brokers are also are given your number...I had one guy hammering my phone with texts and calls while I was sleeping even though I was running on time...

You also have to give full permission on the TransFlo app for them to know your location at all times otherwise it won't work...This must be an arrangement B&R has with them because now at my current company I am using the TranFlo app with that location turned off and it works fine,

Also Justin claimed that he hardly ever laid drivers over because as he said 'if drivers are dispatched good they won't lay over"...He said " you will almost never lay over" (again one of several lies he told over the phone when he was recruiting)....Well I probably averaged one layover a every week with them.

5. TexasPete66

TexasPete66 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2023

Cmon man if you are going to bash them at least be honest. I babysat you almost every day. Justin gave you my number because you called the office 10-15 times a day with some of the dumbest questions. You only wanted to drive 500 miles a day max only wanted to work nights only wanted to pickup/ deliver at night. You seemed more concerned about riding your bicycle or your roller blades than you did actually working. I told you your first week you weren’t cut out for reefer work. You didn’t listen. The reason you didn’t get layover pay or detention pay was because you needed every load rescheduled. Your last load took 5 days to go from Phoenix to Minnesota. When the rest of the fleet was doing it in 3 days easily. Being a truck driver is a job but you treat it as free housing to do whatever you wanted.

6. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Oh snap he came in HOT

homeskillet, 2Tap, Bumper and 4 others Thank this.
  7. LTLTRUCKDRIVER

LTLTRUCKDRIVER Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2019
    More like Global Warming :director:

homeskillet, Bumper and bryan21384 Thank this.
  8. TexasPete66

TexasPete66 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2023

Well ####.. bicycle guy is on here crying a river like B&R is the devil but he never mentioned the fact that he only worked for large carriers prior to B&R. Never mentioned the fact that he’d never pulled reefer before. The guy had absolutely no clue what he was getting into. All he said was Bynum does it this way and Bynum does let me do this. I mean if Bynum was so great why did he leave? I’ve been At B&R 3 years and I’ve never been told how to run my truck. The general rule of thumb is as long as you get there on time they don’t care what you do. I just went through my end of year pay stubs and I’ve had 18 days of layover in 3 years. Everyone of has the same 70hr clock we are also limited on the number of hrs we can drive in a day so when you complain that you are so tired you can’t drive and you need a break in the middle of your 70 what makes you think you get a day of layover pay? Let’s talk about travel pay. It clearly states they pay $250 and if you don’t stay a year it gets deducted from your last check. I flew up from Tennessee for $99. So I made money. Why should the company have to pay for him to rent a minivan so he could bring his bike and drive at his leisurely pace of 500 miles a day? Doesn’t really seem fair right? B&R is far from perfect and I’ve had my share if disagreements but it’s pretty low to get on a public forum and bash a company acting like a victim when 40 other guys are out here running the same loads he couldn’t do. I’ve still got all of our conversations on my phone, id be happy to share them if he needs me to refresh his memory on what a nightmare he was to deal with.

9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Not all, but most folks that come on here belly aching about an outfit conveniently leave out details that don’t fit their narrative.

homeskillet, Last Call, 2Tap and 5 others Thank this.
  10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Right?! This thread got revived for the better. I hope @BlueThunderr comes back for a rebuttal lol

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Thanks for the reply. We get tons of posts on here, usually one shot items, with a driver complaining about a company.
    Very seldom do we get to hear the other side and we appreciate it when a driver or an owner takes the time to give us the facts as he sees them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.