Back up until you hit something, then set the brakes

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cmarona463, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I almost had an ouch today. I was backing up into a parking spot in MN stupid pilot. It was very very tight with a terrible angle I got out to look and seen I had 6inches between my trailer tires and a bumper and 3inches between my trailer tail and a sleeper.

I left to find somewhere else to park. I got mouths to feed and stuff to buy. I can’t be unemployed.

Linte_Loco, Lepton1 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    The one by the refinery?

4. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I believe it was it was off 94?

5. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Oh ok. I don’t know that one. I work by a pilot that’s a dump.

Swift training is right down the road lol.

6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I like how you can hear him fumbling around with the camera like it was some sort of safari documentary or one of them real calm hunting programs on TV.

7. bollard??

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    When I first started I went to a customs warehouse the guy there said we are closing down and for me to pick up the load in the morning, he then guided me to a parking slot and watched while I backed into it. No issues what so ever.

Come 2 am in the morning a lady banging on my door accusing me of running over the mail box bla bla bla. I denied it and she wouldn’t identify who she was. I called the cops they came out saw no damage to my truck and left. Now the gentleman next to me didn’t come out of his rig even with the loud banging on his door.

Needles to say the same lady came up to me in the morning and apologized, after finally viewing the tape and speaking with the guy I spoke with the day before it seemed the crazy idiot who backed into the slot next to me was the one who ran over the mail box. He ended up paying I think $120 for a new mail box.

After all this I kindly let the manager know never to bang on a drivers door at night and accuse them of murdering your mailbox without proof that’s how people get hurt.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    ??

10. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    But the "schools" preach it's only a cone..... :eek: and state test says no more than 2 looks....

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.