Banned from shipper

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bobblehead, Dec 31, 2020.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    yes. its on the bathroom walls. but really its in the computer system.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Back, a while ago I worked as a contracting consultant for a large medical supply company, it didn’t end nice because they lied about a lot of key issues then blamed us for it, this ended up litigating for the money they owed the company I was working for, about $6m and they lost. This led to having all of the people assigned to this company being banned from their property.

Eight years later I had a pickup at their western Michigan operations, I checked in at security during a shift change which meant no I’d check just a door assignment and after my truck was loaded, I had three security guards standing at my truck when I exited the shipping office, they said I had to leave immediately and didn’t even care what I had on the truck, they made sure I left, even closed my doors for me without a seal. I noted it on the shipper that I was passed through without a guard check or seal from the guard, which caused the receiver a lot of grief.

oh well ... banned from another company ... ho hum ...

stillwurkin, D.Tibbitt, Coffey and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Especially if you use it combined with a threat of uploading incidents to social media sites (works with smaller companies) or threat of reporting incidents to the management (works with bigger companies).

Coffey Thanks this.
  5. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    I ended up there when I was trying to get to AK Steel in Dearborn. The address on my bill was wrong and I drove into US Steel instead. When I pulled in there with a bulk trailer they were dumbfounded lol I asked for directions to AK and the guard was like "why don't you pull up a map and find your own directions". A few fuses popped inside my head and they kicked me out and told me not to come back. My dispatcher said I'm the first person to get banned from a facility that we never delivered to lol

hotrod1653, 77fib77, magoo68 and 19 others Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i haven't had anything Budweiser in decades. then again, that batch would have most likely stayed down there.

7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I can do a cold bud bottle but can't stand it from a can

D.Tibbitt and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    This is partly why I refuse to slide my tandems all the way to the back when loading, “valves broken sorry”

I got kicked out of a block yard in Brooklyn for dumping a load of stone in the middle of a parking lot because I couldn’t put a 40’ trailer up under a 30’ overhang......operator was pissed I wouldn’t put a 40’ frameless up half way then back up and hit the brakes to get the load to break

9. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    "No, I am not banned from your property, but your freight is banned from being on my trailer so there!"

MTN Boomer, sevenmph, alds and 4 others Thank this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I completely agree .but i draw the line at being disrespected out of nowhere . the only time i ever had a problem was at the place i posted about couple years ago.... Dont regret it, but would probably handle it differently now... But you are right.. I picked up a load earlier this year that another dsv driver went and showed up with no tarps and no chains on a full tarp snd chain load.... he Cussed out the customer and threw a big tantrum and left. The agent called me and i was the last person to ever haul for them within our company because they said no more ... Good paying load and very nice people to work with and i made sure to go the extra mile.... I ended up calling up some people in the office to make sure that they know one of their contractors just lost us a good paying direct customer..... Not sure whatever happened with that but i hope people like that get fired because they are effecting everybody in the company by doing stupid things

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Unfortunately these tend to the the brown nosing, knee pad wearing suck up the managers love. They spend more time and energy sucking up to management than they would actually doing their job correctly. We have a couple out of our terminal and I'm convinced they are going to cause us to loose our contract with our single customer. Lucky we have 130 good drivers to offset them.
    Would be nice if management would do their job and write up some of these people.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.