Be Careful: Scheiderer Transport Lease Program

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by JLL, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Redbentley1

Redbentley1 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I’m telling you what I seen a lot of negative comments about the company. I’ve been in this industry for a long time and currently drive for this company. There’s ups and downs with every single aspect of the trucking industry and personality these people are great to work for they pay decent money and when you come into the office you can sit down and eat lunch or dinner with them they got a place for you to shower and honestly after reading the negative comments and working there. The issues your facing isn’t with the company it’s with the manufacturer of the trucks your pulling a hopper and legally loading around 52k. With a light wait truck a company exists only if it is profitable so yes there going to look for a truck that can scale the most product and is affordable but Volvo trucks are not built to handle this kind of work the 780 maybe but there you go having to pay more for this model and it’s a heavier truck eating up profit on both ends of scale able weight and higher truck payments. Sit back and actually think about everything so your doing a lease purchase to get your own truck well and a company is helping you do it that’s just like having a co signer if something happens down the down the road and you quit or don’t want that truck there still stuck having to pay for and who’s responsible for wear and tear one small issue on the road today for something your unable to fix yourself on the highway can be very expensive who’s doing road tax booking loads billing making sure you get paid there’s a lot to this industry and the only bad thing I can say while working at this company is Volvo trucks for the most part other than there outrageous models are garbage just like any other trucks that are mass produced for these companies it doesn’t matter if it’s a Pete kenworth Volvo western star etc if it’s a model there making thousands of every year to be distributed to these companies then there’s always going to be issues with that model if your looking to own a truck then get one of the least made models for the most part these last and aren’t slapped together half assed that why you tend to see owner operators in much nicer trucks and personal I want to drive a truck I can take pride in it makes the driver happier and take pride in there work and it’s a very humbling and down right embarrassing thing to go from one of those nicer models to a generic dime a dozen truck

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Columbus614

Columbus614 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2018
    Well i have read thru all the threads concerning Scheiderer Transport on this website. Honestly I have debated back and forth if to even do a review of them.
    I was not a driver first off I was the Safety Manager (for 1 month) the individual before me lasted 1 week. What you read about this company is true. Myself I would not recommend anyone to go to work for Scheiderer Transport! Honestly this company is one of those companies in the trucking industry that is causing the shortage of drivers by not treating drivers the right way. The one driver who posted about rudeness its true... The one driver who never recieved a final paycheck its true but Scheiderer Transport got paid. Honestly I would set at the office in shock at how shady they was with drivers. I left on my own as I did not want no part of the company once I seen how things was handled. The biggest issue is way to many people want to play boss at this company instead of following what the owner wanted done. I will never work for a family owned company again after the experience I had with Scheiderer Transport. They are way to many other trucking companies out there that are good to there drivers. Please do not waste your time with Scheiderer Transport especially if you have a family to support because you are going have a bad experience. And heads up the few good reviews you do you read isnt from drivers its from family members which personally is wrong for them to do. But like i have said and so many other reviews Scheiderer Transport is very shady :(

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Being an lease operator is one of the best ways to ruin your credit. And be on the hook with the IRS. Many things can break and put you out of business. But leasing to a carrier is almost never more pay than driving the truck the carrier owns.

4. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Being a lease operator means you are just renting the truck, assuming all the risk, and most of the fleece programs are geared towards the company you are leasing from making most of the money, especially a mega.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.