Beep Beep Roadrunner

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by scottied67, Nov 18, 2014.

1. ghettochild

ghettochild Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2012
    atlanta,ga
    I guess i was talking to another recruiter frm another company or he dont knw didley squat

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kujo

Kujo Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    in the middle
    Yeah some of their companies operate differently from roadrunner itself. So one of them might be that way but not roadrunner.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I don't know how to answer that other than they don't want any shadow of a doubt we are not company drivers so we have to pay for everything to run our business.

5. ghettochild

ghettochild Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2012
    atlanta,ga
    He works for Roadrunner..there prolly trucks that was turned in from drivers..like foward air freight

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Will RoadRunner lease any model truck or do they have only a few aerodynamic models that they will lease to you?

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I guess they would allow any truck that is available with WTF or Lakeside International.

8. camgirl

camgirl Bobtail Member

May 26, 2014
    Right now what they are doing are giving "reseats". Meaning since the new contract there are many drivers and fleet owners who are turning in their trucks and for the new people coming in who want the no money down option you are given one of these trucks that have been returned. Now saying that you don't really know if the person before really did their maintenance correctly or what problems if any you may have. If you do have any be prepared to come out of pocket. Importantly ask if the truck still has a warranty on it and for how long. Get documentation.

The way they have the program structured now is ridiculous. They have made it harder and you are kindof stuck doing strictly terminals. For people who were booking their own freight (backhauls) before and make really good money from it its harder now. If you don't read the contract I will break it down for you after a terminal run if the next terminal doesn't have a load (please call in 1-2 days before, plan your routes and loads) then RoadRunner will give you 92% of the backhaul load, if second run is another backhaul then you will get 88%, third run is a backhaul then 70% and so on. This is not including other fees they charge when doing a backhaul. Its gonna be hard to just survive on terminals alone when most are only 0.90-1.05 per mile and fuel surcharge is what 0.34. If your not making almost 2.00 a mile or over your gonna fail. RoadRunner does not even reimburse you for tolls and with the toll rates increasing your coming out of pocket even more. The raise that they are doing for terminals does not apply for every terminal or lane. There are some terminals where the lane is not available because they have drivers of their choosing running dedicated to those lanes and its all okay with roadrunner.

The tralier pool someone mentioned before is $185 week. Its designed to allow you to have a trailer pre loaded but that doesn't always work. There are some terminals that load on Sunday night so when you arrive Monday you just grab and go. Others are not and only load Mon night thru Fri night.

I would suggest you guys looking at other companies that are running a lease program but offer more rewards and let you actually be in charge of what loads or brokers you go to. RoadRunner is loosing a lot of good drivers and they knew they would when this contract came out and how they are running the company. You now have to call into a company they hired in FL to have them look for you a backhaul load. If it doesn't pay well enough for them to get their cut off top then they will not book the load.

All I will say is Good Luck to all of you still considering RoadRunner. If you run with them after a while look and see where you are and if that is where you want to be.

9. Kujo

Kujo Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    in the middle
    I have a problem with this statement. Since roadrunner itself owns no trucks they can't reseat anything. And if that was indeed what they were doing i would've been offered such. I wasn't offered that as an option. I was offered two different companies neither of which were a good deal so I'm pursuing independent financing or i might just wait and see how things pan out for a while. I'm not saying you're a liar but there's a lot of that paragraph that's not adding up. The rest sounds correct to what I've been told although biased from someone who's mad about the situation.

I agree not being able to book your own freight is a turn off for me. But i would imagine this is a result of them not being able to get their own freight hauled in a timely manner. Granted there was better ways to fix the situation but only time will tell if they really cut their own throat or made the right move.

10. camgirl

camgirl Bobtail Member

May 26, 2014
    Ask your recruiter about the reseats. Each recruiter has so many reseats and its possible yours didn't have anymore. RoadRunner actually cosign on the trucks people get from Bush Trucks and Lakeside (which are probably the two your referring to). When drivers return their trucks or have them repo ed RoadRunner gets them back and have inspected. I know alot more put I'm just stating some of the obvious. I was told from corporate that the reason they are making drivers do more terminals than years before (only required to do four a month) is because drivers were making more off backhaul hence doing more backhaul than terminals and doing terminals wasn't enforced. Now with 2015 contract your hands are tied.

Kujo, ghettochild and scottied67 Thank this.
  11. camgirl

camgirl Bobtail Member

May 26, 2014
    Their rider policy only allows someone to ride No more than six trips per year and there is paperwork/approval process involved.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.