Beep Beep Roadrunner

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by scottied67, Nov 18, 2014.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The system is set up to make the RR owner op a little worker bee running miles mile miles. If that is your cup of tea then you will do well. They have all kinds of tools to help. T2T is the bread and butter, but you will see after a time your truck will show up on RR Agents computer screens and they will be calling you daily to check up on you, to see if they can help you find a load after you're empty at any given terminal. You can use this to your advantage, say you know you're arriving at whatever terminal Monday or Tuesday, knowing freight is the slowest outbound for T2T generally at any given terminal, I would recommend pre-calling the RR Agent to start looking for loads in that area. Figure out how many hours you project to have once you're empty and a reasonable distance circle around your truck to tell him/her to look for loads to keep you legal and customer happy.

In other news my truck was originally scheduled to go into the shop Friday morning, projected to be done Tuesday sometime. Well last night (Friday) they called me and told me to come pay the bill, the truck is completed lol. Meanwhile corporate RR is closed for the weekend so no way to transfer the insurance back from the rental truck back to my truck plus the terminal called for me to come pick up a loaded trailer 1st stop Billings MT final Portland OR. From there I will probably just deadhead home because I will have to be there at the weekend and not in the mood for any load screw-ups. Take a week or two off and head back to my truck in Detroit area. Would be a lot cheaper to take time off with my paid off truck rather than this $1000 a week monstrosity -- Freightliner with 10 speed-- I don't know how those fleet drivers do it lol.

Loke and lildudef150 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phillipreich

phillipreich Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Olympia, Wa
    First thing... Thank you to all of you for posting the thread of RRTS.. I have been looking to lease a truck for a long time now. My kids are grown up and my "home" bills are under $1600 a month, I think now is the time to do it. The Terminal to Terminal work is OK for me to do, as I live under 40 minutes from Sumner, Wa. Would it be reasonable to say that I would make enough money to pay the lease and all other truck related expenses and have enough money to pay my home expenses with a little extra? Yes, I do like to run, and run hard if need be, this has never been an issue.
    thank you kindly if someone responds.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    Brass tacks what's rr cpm average to truck and what's average pretax each week

5. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I have temporarily misplaced the latest statement my tax people sent out which was for March 2015 showing year to date $1.42

As far as weekly average pay, I estimate 110,000 miles a year at 40 weeks a year so that works out to 2750 miles a week on average times $1.42 -- my IFTA statement for March showed 5 miles per gallon which we found out was from an bad exhaust manifold leak. The thing that saved me is the heavily discounted fuel by using the RR fuel card.

Still at home for a few more days and will be working my way back across the country with the rental truck to Detroit to get my truck out of the shop yard.

JMichael Thanks this.
  6. JMichael

May 16, 2015
    Sorry to hear that bud . That sounds decent for dry freight . Are you out all the time for that 110 ? I've run 83k miles in 7 months with A and A , a RR company . A RR driver approached be today and told me had put his paperwork in to move over to A and A becsuse he would sit a lot on T2T and go in the hole . The rates are variable here but higher , because its reefer, I had my last truck in with landstar when the rates were really bad in 2010, made it a year and parked it , drove local and linehaul the next four years then landed here last year .

Produce load : 1200 miles I think

Pick

Dole 3725 S. Ave. 3 E Yuma, AZ 800.333.3888 CALL TO SCHEDULE A LOADING APPOINTMENT

HM337 22 plts or 2494 cs

Pick

Earthbound Farms 3701 S. 3 ½ E Yuma, AZ 866.628.7447

44454 1 plt or 45 cs

Drop

Associated Wholesale Grocers 5600 South Council Road Oklahoma City, OK 73129405.518.3526

PO44442/44454

I’m working on the drop date.

Rate 2691.00

483.14 fsc

50.00 pic

scottied67 Thanks this.
  7. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I have about 12 weeks off a year spread out randomly.

I sat four days down in Los Angeles waiting for outbound T2T. I had options from the 1st day to call agents to book loads but somehow got strung along to hang out. Usually what happens is they get a trailer only 80% full and will not dispatch it so you have to sit another 24 hours for the crew to come in that night to finish it.

What is your percentage over there?

8. JMichael

May 16, 2015
    74 percent and 100 percent for FSC so that particular load was 2.12 to the truck plus 50 bucks . My average is 1.60 for non produce so I try to make cali as much as possible , I run Midwest to west

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. JMichael

May 16, 2015
    Rr hired me but sent me here , I've been out of reefer a long while but I resarched the company , less than 10 percent turnover and I called the owner , Tim, who leased me a 2013 T660 , four years no balloon @ 560 a week and I own it. No hidden charges and the Rr guy I talked to today asked about help with repairs he seemed kind of desparate so I'm assuming rr doesn't help with that

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. JMichael

May 16, 2015
    After all expense I average 10 to 12 k a month pretax . Sorry for the multiple posts , I'm on my phone and I have fat thumbs ha ha

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I think RR does help on a case by case basis for breakdowns. I know mine went into the shop couple weeks back and I sent an email to my guy asking if they would help me if for some reason I didn't have enough cash to get my truck out of jail and if they rent trucks while mine was broke down, he responded yes to both my questions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.