Beep Beep Roadrunner

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by scottied67, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Something where they don't BS me on the rate and a place that wouldn't expect me to run for 1.10/mile

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    I don't think you read enough of the thread. They don't expect you to run for that, you have every right to say no. Most terminal freight pays better than 1.10, and most of the time you can find truckloads on a loadboard that do too. Or have an agent find one for you.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    the LTL T2T pays a whole lot better than $1.10. I explained in this thread or another the base rate, fuel surcharge, hazmat bonuses, performance bonus, and fuel discounts it all adds up to decent money. For me there is a huge amount of value in the little deadhead reloading at terminals i deliver to plus the fact they are terminals and not irregular route customers where i'm constantly trying to find new places off the beaten path. That was a lot of stress for me especially on Elogs and Plus-1 at Swift where they calculate the delivery time with the minimum 30 minute break forcing the driver to run full speed full time.

My gig at RR is relaxed enough I can run my show exactly how I want and still get delivered within the time window. As percentage pay rates drop and drop more, my pay is locked in by contract rate so I am protected.

double yellow Thanks this.
  5. ChuckTaylor13

ChuckTaylor13 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2016
    Still doing good on the A&A side of things? Heard turnover is really low.....being from Cali, how often can one get home.....knowing the runs are from the Midwest to Ca.

6. kantcallit

kantcallit Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Kennett, Mo
    You can get out to California weekly if you want. I just left the LA area this morning so home time shouldn't be a problem

7. ChuckTaylor13

Apr 5, 2016
    What rates are you looking at from the Midwest to Cali and back?

8. ChuckTaylor13

Apr 5, 2016
    Just wondering what one can take home a week after expenses....an estimate of course

9. kantcallit

Dec 26, 2013
    Kennett, Mo
    Well it depends on on what and where you are coming from, if I do a Midwest to California and back in clear 3k+ after everything. If I haul produce for reinhart, Gordon, or Awg I clear 2k to 2.5k. I'm going to say anywhere from 1.30 and up per mile with deadhead included. The deadhead sucks sometimes if I could get that down when I'm out west it would be better.

10. ChuckTaylor13

Apr 5, 2016
    Those numbers sound good, they keep you pretty busy year round?

kantcallit Thanks this.
  11. kantcallit

Dec 26, 2013
    Kennett, Mo
    There's been a couple of slow periods but so far so good I've been with them a year now. This is our busiest time.

bigred81 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.