Beep Beep Roadrunner

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by scottied67, Nov 18, 2014.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Not at this time....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I don't know that I'm ever going back to Florida for less than $3 bucks a mile.

4. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Finished my load from Livermore CA to Little Rock AR to New Orleans LA. It was touch and go. Been sick as a dog for days. I had bought one of those steam cleaner machines with the idea to clean the truck up. But since I was home anyway, decided to use it around the house to see how it worked. Cleaned up the black mold in the shower very nicely. The grout in the foyer and kitchen floors looked brand new then the kitchen counter tops, beautiful. So I ended up breathing a lot of that steam in, didn't think it was bad, just like taking a steam right? On the way out I couldn't sleep because I couldn't breathe but the weird thing was I felt best while driving. Sit in the saddle 5 and 6 hours at a time.

Finally last night the fatigue caught up to me plus I was breathing again. Slept so deep and had many dreams. Was trying to drive my truck out of a truck stop and it reared up like some horse then fell right over on the driver's side. It seemed so real and being so tired, my body stayed asleep. It weighed heavily on my til I woke up. First thought, 'where am I?'. OK cool we are not flipped over.

In other news, I am looking for a theatre so I can go see Wild with Reese Witherspoon. Since I was a kid I wanted to hike the Pacific Coast Trail from Mexico to Canada. I even dreamed of continuing north to Alaska. I got my first Jack London book at age 12- White Fang, then a complete book of his short stories of the north. Discovery Channel put out a short miniseries called Klondike which seems to follow a general theme of Jack London's stories of the prospectors trials and tribulations getting up to Dawson. Anyway, back to my girl Reece, gotta love the Bend and Snap-- works every time.

DirtyDog808 Thanks this.
  5. Jetllag

Jetllag Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Danby , NY
    Hey , good read on this thread with Scottied67. Am a ex-Co. driver thinking of going with RR . Some one els said it s good to see someone enjoying thier job for a change on these boards. Thanks to all other contributors also ,am leaning more toward doing it now. c yall soon .......Jetllag

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. Boy Howdey

Boy Howdey Medium Load Member

May 22, 2013
    So what you averaging now per mile?

7. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The linehaul portion was $1.15 a mile
    FSC $0.39
    2364 miles
    $40 for the stop pay
    they advanced $2000 for fuel card
    I have 100 gallons on board still and $900 left on the card so........ this load cleared $1.03 rounded down- ]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    Boy Howdey Thanks this.
  8. Boy Howdey

May 22, 2013

Now do you have to take advanced pay? I'm still confused on hour the fuel surcharge works there. I see you get that $0.39 which changes weekly depending a fuel prices, I get that part. But you said you were paying $2.75 a gallon once, that part confuses me.

BTW, I'm still looking at March in coming over. So expect me to bother you some more here. :biggrin_25517:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    On T2T freight they automatically advance money onto your fuel card. On brokered freight it is your choice to accept an advance loaded onto your fuel card or not.

T2T adance-
    100% fuel surcharge loaded on card so $0.39 times however many miles.
    40% of linehaul is advanced to the card.

$0.39 times 2364= 921.96
    $1.15 times 2364= $2718.60 times .4 = $1087.44

They rounded it down to $2000 and loaded that on my fuel card.

Ok fuel discounts is a benefit they offer when we use the fuel card in network. Network is the big 3 TA Petro, Pilot Flying J and Loves. On the independent contractor's website we can log in and click Deals to see what all the discounts are for each of these chains in whatever states we are going to run thru. PFJ in Ripon CA the other day was $1.21 off pump price. Huge score. I just ran my load out quickly figured 75 gallons in 6 states would leave me enough fuel to deadhead out if necessary plus is covers IFTA nicely. I will say I started with x amount of money on the card and when I checked the balance and divided by the 450 gallons I bought comes out to $2.50 per gallon out of pocket for the 2364 mile run. That is how I was able to figure that $1.03 net in the above post. It will be a little bit less not much after they take out insurance, trailer rent etc.

On brokered freight you may take up to 50% advance of the load. There's no FSC, your job is to negotiate an "all in" rate with the broker.

We are allowed $400 bucks a day cash advance from the card as well. This is something recent because I went into a shop to pay for the work, the card swipe was declined but they did say I could write an EFS check which was cool.

Boy Howdey Thanks this.
  10. Boy Howdey

May 22, 2013
    Makes more sense, thanks. .

11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Been sick for about 5 and a half days. Spent most of the time laid up in the bunk. Take Abby for short walks and come back and pass out for hours. Well I should say about the 2nd day I thought to browse the load boards and sent a credit check to RR. They did respond back that we are not allowed to book our own loads anymore. Then my batteries died and had to pay outrageous sums to jumpstart, that in turn made me want to just curl up in a ball and hack my lungs out. So I had an old text from an agent they want us to use so txted him and he didn't call or write back. So I deadheaded north from New Orleans to Nashville and scored a Portland OR run.

DirtyDog808 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.